Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went over to Memphis and Graceland and had a great time and I am posting a photo (partial) of some of Elvis' guns. Apparently he was an avid shooter and according to Priscilla always carried a gun under his jacket. There was a little room off the back of the mansion (about 10'x10') that was used as a 'target range' for some time as well; it was a tiny room but you could see the bullet holes everywhere.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Very much so.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Sorry..too young for Elvis... ;)..lol
(not that you guys are old or anything... :eek:..yikess)

Did not know about him being into guns..that is way cool ;) :D

WoW....nice revolver....think i have seen one like that before...Hmmmm
he..he ( do you feel lucky punk,well do ya)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a young 'un too but I have to admit that Elvis, after seeing some clips/videos of his shows, is one helluva performer and his life was pretty wild and cool too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thats for sure..he is probally the greatest performer there is..
I heard that he pretty much started What we call Rock&Roll today...
Boy ...those guns are sure nice....
But not as nice as his guitars he had..lol :drool: :clap:

Like i Always Say
Guitars and Guns..what more does a person need :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I saw Elvis in concert once, though I believe I was 3 or 4 at the time and slept during the majority of the performance. LOL

·
Registered
579 Posts
Elvis has left the building......

·
Registered
339 Posts
muttmutt said:
Elvis has left the building......
I notice he didn't take his guns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use to live in Whitehaven,about 2 blocks from Graceland,as folks in Elvises neighborhood moved away Elvis would buy up the property and add it to "the Estate".any way,even though Graceland was in town,Elvis and "the boys" spent lots of time out back shooting up lots of rounds.and I'm not sure that all the weapons Elvis had was a collection.think "the King" was paranoid and just wanted to know there was a gun close by. jwr

·
Registered
579 Posts
I went through the tour of Graceland. He was one eccentric guy. The jungle room was a little over the top.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was fortunate enough to see The King in concert twice. One in the late 50's and the other time in 1973 in San Diego, following his big Hawaiian concert. In 1966 I was stationed in Memphis in the military and of course went by Graceland while he still lived there. He was very well known there for giving millions of dollars to various Memphis charities.

He was a "Special Deputy" in Shelby County Tennessee, so he could carry his pistol everywhere he went. He was also a black-belt in Karate, which sometimes showed up in his on stage routine.

And no, I don't have a velvet Elvis painting in my livingroom.

·
Registered
497 Posts
jwr747 said:
"the King" was paranoid and just wanted to know there was a gun close by.
Nuth'n paranoid about that. That's something many of us are interested in.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pioneer461 said:
Nuth'n paranoid about that. That's something many of us are interested in.
Dang skippy! To some of my conservative friends; the thought of owning a gun much less carrying it to the store with you is 'paranoid'. I guess I'm just paranoid as all get out then!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts