Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a hug. Slammed in 2 forums today. The first was, I posted what I posted here yesterday about my seeing on TV the short story about Canadian snipers "neutralizing" an ISIS mortar position. It actually generated a number of responses bashing the U.S. Perhaps at hte rate of 2-1 with the 1s appreciating the post. Hell, I did it on a Canadian forum just saying "way to go Canadians" and wishing their troops to remain safe. Got a warning today for the post. It included the post was in the wrong Area and that I didn't link to the actual news story. Kind of difficut to link to my tv. And the whole thread was deleted. The other was a response to a simple question though I admit I had extraneous text included. However, my question was most clear (imo). The guy was ugly, twice. Here, you be the judge.

So out of the blue I became interested in the Rock Island 3.5" 1911 .45acp. The one catching my interest had the G.I. style grip safety and hammer. From what I understand they are now made only with a beavertail which I loathe. I hoped I could simply purchase the factory G.I. grip safety / hammer combination and do a swap. Some sources say no biggie. I emailed an individual at RIA and he informed me it's a no go because the frame is cut for the beavertail. In the attached pic I see the length and shape difference in the frame tangs. Is there a difference in the left side to right side tangs distance which prohibits this or is it more involved? As a last resort I have seen "bobbed" beavertails. Doable by a non-smith type or don't go there. Thanks.

Attachments

·
22,027 Posts
Just so I'm sure I'm clear, are you saying the text in bold earned you a slap on the wrist? Seriously? Because if I'm understanding properly, then that's flat out nuts.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so I'm sure I'm clear, are you saying the text in bold earned you a slap on the wrist? Seriously? Because if I'm understanding properly, then that's flat out nuts.
Guess I'm having a g!ock (just kidding) kind of day. No, the warning and thread deletion was related to the sniper story.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Some forums are funny that way. None of the one I belong to are that way that I know of. Must be a peach of a forum.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Thats why this is the only forum I go to constantly, once in awhile I
visit the Sccy forum, but not often........:)

Reactions: bamashooter

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll step up, here's a big ole Cyber Man Hug to help get you through the remainder of the day.
Thanks man. Feel better already. Never been hugged (in public) by a General Officer before. :D

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I am not a cross-forum basher, but, I think I know one of the ones you had trouble with and I have said in the past, "In the words of Mr. Spock "Captain, I am detecting large quantities of Jerkium in that sector".

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
2cents.gif OK. 1911's demand company, so go ahead and get that 3.5" RIA and if it ain't exactly what you want buy a differant one next week. Ain't that easy?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sadly many sites have been infected with Deficient Liberalitis as well Politicus Correctalis.

Unfortunatly it is very contagious and difficult to cure.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
I am surprised to find that there are other gun forums..:shocked:

·
Premium Member
8,342 Posts
One of the Forums for one of my non-Taurus pistols is notorious (IMO) for having to drink gallons of the kool aid. Even then you are apt to incur the wrath of a specific Admin whose goal in cyber-life seems to be the protection of her Forum owner. I just don't go there any more. It is not​ a source for diverse opinions.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't say it was "most clear", the missing question mark confuses things a bit. But if you take a minute to think it's not hard to understand. Clear enough. Mr. Gadget must be lacking in reading comprehension. Plus his level of arrogance is rather high.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly I wouldn't say it was "most clear", the missing question mark confuses things a bit. But if you take a minute to think it's not hard to understand. Clear enough. Mr. Gadget must be lacking in reading comprehension. Plus his level of arrogance is rather high.
Don't know his style as I'm relatively new to that forum. In the end he basically stated that with his knowledge and tools, if I resided nearby, he'd take care of it for me. Regardless of clarity, I found the initial response or two from him just plain ugly.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
One of the Forums for one of my non-Taurus pistols is notorious (IMO) for having to drink gallons of the kool aid. Even then you are apt to incur the wrath of a specific Admin whose goal in cyber-life seems to be the protection of her Forum owner. I just don't go there any more. It is not​ a source for diverse opinions.
Do not forget her little coterie of cyber "boy-toys" that she protects no matter who else, even whole sub-forums, they insult.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts