Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchase this few hours ago from Academy.

*Holster is Versacarry from my PT111 which is also perfectly fit.

While cleaning, I found this something off. Note that this is still unfired by me.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
just checked my TH9C, mine has a small notch there as well, however mine is a more of a clean oval shape. I don’t think it is anything to be concerned anout. The video was quite negative on the trigger pull, my trigger was gritty at first, Got a little better after seneral hundred rounds but not great. After cleaning I used some dry graphite lube on the internal action components this made a BIG difference, grittyness is gone and single action pull is smooth and fairly light. Also sight alignment from the factory was way off both front and rear sights were off center so you may want to check that on you gun too.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I agree with Jack of Harts on all points , on mine it looks like a notch to help to install the recoil spring , I would not worry about it

My TH9c did not like some of my Leaded reloads ( failure to battery ) , plated factory ammo seams to do OK

Sights were way off , that needs to be set with all new guns

Th9c is a nice pistol

·
Registered
63 Posts
My TH9C will NOT work with Winchester Forged steel ammo. Failure to feed and/or failure to eject. I polished the feed ramp and bore but that did not help. Brass ammo is not much more cost right now so I will stick with brass.

The more I work with it the better I like this pistol, @$280 all in for a new pistol l think it is great value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts