Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mag has always rattled while I'm carrying my TH9C in my IWB holster. I thought about adding a turn or two of electrical tape around the magazine, but I didn't want to lose how well they drop-free. Somebody suggested slipping an O-ring around the magazine, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm mostly posting this just to keep anyone else from having to buy a handful of O-rings to figure out the right size.

I found that 1/8" O-rings are too thick. I was able to very firmly press the mag in, but the eject button was very difficult to press to get the mag back out.

1/16" O-rings seem just a bit too thin, but that was my only other choice. I ended up with a 1" OD, 7/8" ID, 1/16" thick O-Ring that works pretty well. It's pretty snug around the mag. A slightly larger O-ring would also work just as well, maybe up to about 1-1/4" OD.

Here's the 1" OD O-ring around the mag:

Here's that mag with the O-ring wrapped around it inserted:

It'll be interesting to see if I still get a rub mark on the top round in the magazine while using the O-ring.

I get an identical rub mark on the underside of the slide. The mark just easily rubs right off, revealing a slightly polished spot on the copper jacket of the top round. The slide shows no mark whatsoever after wiping off the black spot.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The mag has always rattled while I'm carrying my TH9C in my IWB holster. I thought about adding a turn or two of electrical tape around the magazine, but I didn't want to lose how well they drop-free. Somebody suggested slipping an O-ring around the magazine, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm mostly posting this just to keep anyone else from having to buy a handful of O-rings to figure out the right size.
I have a TH9C too, and love it.
The one improvement I can suggest is this: get the little base extender for the 13-round magazine from Galloway Precision (www.gallowayprecision.com). It gives support for your pinkie finger, and also allows for one more round to be loaded, making the weapon a 14+1. It only costs $12.50.
It might even fix that rattle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all. thank you for the suggestion. i am the proud owner of 2 G2C...one in .40 s&w and the other 9mm. i hadn't experienced any feed problems but didn't want one at a critical time. out of 4 local hardware stores, i only found 1 o-ring in the size mentioned. with the help of a sales guy i found that a 1 1/16 od x 7/8 id x 1/16 works very well. thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts