Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really debated on posting this because I just joined this forum and so far everybody has been very courteous and welcoming, but ultimately I feel I should post the issue my friend and I had the other day. I do hope this is acceptable for me to post despite me being a (very) new member.

My friend Gabriel (Ironically the same name as me lol) purchased a TH9 a little more than a week ago. The other day we took it out to the range with 400 rounds. Sadly on the 366th round, the extractor blew out of the side of the gun. We believe the plunger retaining the indicator and the extractor blew out the top of the gun, as the indicator flew back and hit me in the head, as well as the extracted case. We were unable to find the plunger that probably flew to Norway, but we got the indicator and the extractor as well as the spring. Pictures below.

The good news is when I contacted Taurus, I had the best customer service experience ever. The lady was so nice and professional, and half the time was just talking to me about guns :cool: She had me off the phone in 10 minutes with a prepaid shipping label and repair ticket ready to go. So despite this, our confidence in this gun has not changed. We were a little afraid of the customer service experience thanks to the only stigma we keep seeing, but I learned for myself and it was so much better than we could have hoped for. Ultimately, we really like the way this gun feels, shoots and looks. We hope to get it back soon and run it through it's paces again. We are confident thanks to the awesome support.

67096436_488624148378605_8793653128596553728_n.jpg
67210092_2445700772117733_6768066978943860736_n.jpg

·
8,341 Posts
Thanks for sharing the story. It sounds to me like the extractor frame pin broke allowing the extractor parts to take a trip. I hate to hear that, hopefully this is a one off issue. Good on you sending it back to Taurus. Let us know how this works out.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with telling us about that experience. Well, other than you had to deal with that experience. Sounds like CS took care of you and hopefully the repair process goes as well. Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
35,566 Posts
We are nothing if not honest here...the good...the bad and all parts in between. Glad that your weren't injured in the mayhem, and let us know how the repair process goes.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the kind words. All seems well so far, and I must say my friend is really anxious to get his gun back hahaha! I haven't been able to find any reports of a failure like this online, so I do hope this is a one-off problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so an update to this matter. Taurus received our gun a little over a week ago and already they have completed the repairs and will most likely be sending the firearm back this week. My friend is super happy that they repaired the gun that fast, and I am beyond impressed with their customer service. I don't know why I heard so many bad stories about the service but if they are true of old Taurus, then their new CS is absolutely fantastic and turned a new leaf. I'm excited to give you all this update and even more excited to take it to the range again.

·
Super Moderator
35,566 Posts
Great news...let us know your impressions of the repair!

Reactions: william
1 - 7 of 7 Posts