Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Get a Phoenix. It's cheap but has a very simple design that works. Sure it only holds 7 rounds in a pistol that weighs 4 pounds with a 13-pound trigger. But it goes bang every time.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I watched that yesterday on YouTube. I think that I'll wait on this one. I have a couple of S&W MP .22s with 12 round mags and they run lawlessly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Get a Phoenix. It's cheap but has a very simple design that works. Sure it only holds 7 rounds in a pistol that weighs 4 pounds with a 13-pound trigger. But it goes bang every time.
Let's be fair to Phoenix Arms. Inexpensive? Yes. Very simple design that works? Yes (after some mods to the "safety features"). Seven rounds? Mine holds ten! Four pounds!? Probably a bit heavy for its size but mine tips the scale at 1lb-4.7oz (loaded)! 13lb trigger? Well, I can't say for sure (because I haven't measured mine) but it's nowhere near 13lb! morrcarr67 may be exaggerating to make a point but it's not fair to Phoenix Arms or the HP22A. The Phoenix HP22A (IMHO) is a highly underrated firearm. To me, its primary drawback is the requirement to use only Standard Velocity ammunition to minimize the potential for slide damage. I can live with that😉.
Based on the YouTube video review of the KelTec P17, I won't be adding one of those to my collection😳.
So yes,(as morrcarr says) "Get a Phoenix"!
Flex

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
That pistol exudes cheap. I always thought you'd have to go pretty low to make Hi Point look high dollar, but I think KelTec hit it out of the park.

·
Registered
880 Posts
That pistol exudes cheap. I always thought you'd have to go pretty low to make Hi Point look high dollar, but I think KelTec hit it out of the park.

Now that is funny and sooooo right!

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Just buy a Ruger and save yourself a lot of angst. I've had no trouble with my Mk 2 or my SR22 so long as I clean 'em after a range session. I played with other .22s for years before I broke down and got Rugers. :D

Or, you know, my Rossi revolver functions 100 percent and its very accurate. I'm afraid the Rossis are no longer built, though.

Life's too short to put up with a jammamatic. :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah, well, I went with a Bersa Thunder 22. If you get one of these, just make sure you use something in the class of CCI Stinger of high velocity ammo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts