Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Published on Feb 15, 2015
Want to know why, by and large, all the problems we've had as Texans in the lawful and peaceful exercise of our right to openly carry in Texas were at the hands of City Police departments instead of Sheriffs Departments. This video from the Senate testimony on February 12, 2015, on open and campus carry legislation shows which one actually supports your right to keep and bear arms and which one wants to disarm you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, just another reason I'm glad I live in an unincorporated county area in TX.

Reactions: Fatboy46

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I knew there was a reason I wanted to move out to the sticks... I love the part about having to train more because of campus and/or open carry. Not like every single person out there on the street could already be carrying a weapon legally or illegally.

And, if there was an active shooter situation and you had to defend yourself or others with your lawfully carried weapon which you had drawn, as soon as the 50's show up you put it on the ground and put your hands up and follow orders. I think that's pretty common sense, and probably a topic of discussion in the chl class (which would still be required for ALL carry in Texas if either of these bills passed!)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just depends.

If the Sheriff is a Democrat he/she is going to be against our right to “Open Carry”.

If he/she is a Republican they will be for the 2nd Amendment
and our rights as citizens to carry.

In Texas most big city Sheriffs unfortunately are Democrats.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Preventing open carry in Texas is about control, not reducing crime. Pathetic. It is none of the police's business whether you carry a gun or not in th open or not. For the Texas Legislature to even give them air time like they are "experts" on our rights and public "safety" except as private citizens is disgusting. God forbid the people should be in charge of their own safety. :r_c: :sarcasm:

·
Registered
151 Posts
MOST police Chiefs are political animals. You would think that ELECTED Sheriffs would be more so.. The difference is that Sheriffs cover the COUNTY and have a much longer response time. Sheriffs are also more attuned to the public needs. Chiefs are INTERNAL politicos- They are APPOINTED by City Councils and are subject to the whims of local government which is often 'liberal' minded and reactionary.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Texas map of counties by political affiliation.. DJH1765 is correct. Dallas is Blue- Ft. Worth is RED, Austin is Blue as is Houston. Big city Police chiefs are usually more interested in keeping their jobs than serving the citizens. They are reactionary to problems and usually blame the officers. Officers are high profile and easy to blame and fire. Support your police officers and deputies.
TEXAS.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts