Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Students, faculty and staff must go through active shooter training."

I wonder what that's about. Is it like a fire drill?
That's what it sounds like.

Reactions: Cariwine

Registered
Better than what the answer was from Auburn University PD back in the '90's.

When asked about concealed carry on campus, they sent you an application for the AUPD.

Registered
I carried last time I was on the Tech Campus and it was a non issue. I'm glad they are open about it though!

Reactions: Smokewagon

Super Moderator
In Ga there is no such a thing as 鈥渆nhanced鈥 Carry status. Our Campus Carry is for anyone (staff or student) with a GCWL. Only difference is that ONLY Concealed Carry is allowed on campus. Since we don鈥檛 have Open Carry w/o a Permit, you have to have a GWCL to Campus Carry. But, this is still simple. Fill out paper work, photo taken (GWCL is considered a legal photo ID) pay the cost, go home and your permit should come in the mail in < 7 days. No Class or tests.

Great for T Tech to be receiving coverage for this and hope that other Campus Carry site鈥檚 will be releasing nice decrease crime rates, etc.

Registered
In Ga there is no such a thing as 鈥渆nhanced鈥 Carry status. Our Campus Carry is for anyone (staff or student) with a GCWL. Only difference is that ONLY Concealed Carry is allowed on campus. Since we don鈥檛 have Open Carry w/o a Permit, you have to have a GWCL to Campus Carry. But, this is still simple. Fill out paper work, photo taken (GWCL is considered a legal photo ID) pay the cost, go home and your permit should come in the mail in < 7 days. No Class or tests.

Great for T Tech to be receiving coverage for this and hope that other Campus Carry site鈥檚 will be releasing nice decrease crime rates, etc.
We dont have enhanced either, its one sized fits all (cops and certain court officials excluded).

I don't know what Tech is talking about with the training, I assume it is something like a fire drill, all have to go through it, regardless of CHL or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts