Taurus Firearm Forum banner

61 - 80 of 645 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Risky's makes an average though expensive steak. We take the tourists there so they can take pictures and tell the folks back home they've been to a real Texan place.:D
We must have been there on a good night. Food was phenomenal, and I'm a bit of a steak snob after growing up on grass fed beef from our neighbor's farm.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
It's going to be kilt weather y'all
Come see Austin in his purple kilt and paisley pearl snap shirt. (someone please make this PhotoShop happen)

#sfl3 #sandlake2016 #115days

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
We must have been there on a good night. Food was phenomenal, and I'm a bit of a steak snob after growing up on grass fed beef from our neighbor's farm.
I like Riskys too the quality, in my experience, is always good. That said... Similar to Peacemakr There are other places I like better.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Who else is planning to make the trip?
As much as I want to it is not looking good for me. I do have a room and car reservation made already that I can cancel without penalty. Still watching flight prices with SouthWest, I can cancel those as well with no penalty. Basically I am a slight maybe.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
14,824 Posts
I've put my name in the pot, but will mention it again.
Barring ice storms and wifely vetoes, happy wife ........

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I've put my name in the pot, but will mention it again.
Barring ice storms and wifely vetoes, happy wife ........
If there is an ice storm in April, I'm out.

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Dallas April 10th, 1914 Low of 29
Dallas April 7th-8th, 2007 3-5 inches with the highest reports in the Waco area.
Dallas April 5th, 1996 Light snow - Abeline 9.3" Sweetwater 18"

·
Registered
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Count us (atcroft and I) as "most likely". However, just like last year, we'll only be able to do one day (probably Saturday), since we can't leave the cat alone all weekend.

Hopefully it will be a bit warmer this time, so we won't be freezing our trigger fingers off, and no one will have to go buying [long] underwear for their unprepared man-friends. :p :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If you want cowboy Texas then go to the Stockyard in Fort Worth like TH mentioned. Make sure you brush up on your Spanish for FW too. LOL
Besides the Stockyards, Sundance Square downtown Fort Worth is also a great place to spend time in too. Lots and lots of free parking and parking garages.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
There is still room at the inn. I.e. Those that wish to stay at the cabin

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 645 Posts