Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 60 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It's going to be kilt weather y'all

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

Reactions: Drewski

·
Super Moderator
13,913 Posts
Fredericksburg is fabulous but in the other direction
Fredericksburg is near the top of our places to visit during our Texas vacation. It's a GREAT town (we've been there before) and we have friends who will let us stay in their guest cottage when we come through.

·
Super Moderator
13,913 Posts
It's going to be kilt weather y'all

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
Oh, fer cryin' out loud! Really, TH?!?! We got a thread going that's reminiscent of an old-fashioned pep rally, tryin' to get people to come to your little gathering, and ya gotta throw ice water on the fire?

PH, is there no controlling this guy?

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Rodfair has promised to show up to the last to years and has bailed. In other words... Bump

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
San Antonio is cool. I was there for AIT and visited once after that. Got so drunk at one of the bars on the riverwalk that I fell in to the river.
That's not a river.... You showing up?

Reactions: ISSMER and Drewski

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Reactions: Drewski

·
10,379 Posts
Hoping to make it. A lot of issues need to settle down first before I can commit.

On a good note, I've got the roasting box down to a science...3.8 hours for melt in your mouth heritage pig perfection with a 90 lb roaster and a processor that's on the way that does an amazing scald and scrape so if I do make it I won't have to bring the trailer along unless I'm picking up hogs on the way back.

For those leery of Dallas...I went through Chicago, Memphis, Nashville, Dallas, Waco, and Houston, just to name a few large cities, hauling a 16' livestock trailer...now that's excitement!

Reactions: ISSMER and Texheim

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Just noticed the later date is after Day Light Savings Time. I remember someone saying they didn't want to drive after dark.

Sam I hope everything works out, so you guys can make it down.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Just noticed the later date is after Day Light Savings Time. I remember someone saying they didn't want to drive after dark.

Sam I hope everything works out, so you guys can make it down.
They'd have to find their keys to drive after dark

·
10,379 Posts
They'd have to find their keys to drive after dark

Oof! That was below the belt...and it's not like they were actually lost...they were perfectly safe in his pocket :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
"That's the stupidest thing I've done in 50 years." #priceless

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Yeah, Dallas is a PITA. the stockyard is cool

Isn't that in Fort Worth, bro?

·
10,379 Posts
Yup. Played tourist the first year and stopped at Risky's (stockyards steakhouse).

Expensive as heck, but so worth it. Best steak I've had in decades...if not my entire life. (Scenery wasn't bad either ;) )

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Yup. Played tourist the first year and stopped at Risky's (stockyards steakhouse).

Expensive as heck, but so worth it. Best steak I've had in decades...if not my entire life. (Scenery wasn't bad either ;) )
Risky's makes an average though expensive steak. We take the tourists there so they can take pictures and tell the folks back home they've been to a real Texan place.:D

Reactions: lonestarbandit

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Same thing brah

Reactions: Wolf1477
41 - 60 of 645 Posts