Taurus Firearm Forum banner

341 - 360 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Only 27 yes and 8 maybe? Really?
Im so ready hit that is going to be a crazy week/weekend. My daughter and I have camp in East Texas Tuesday through Friday then I get to come home and pick up the trailer and drive down. I know it's not driving from Chicago or anything but planning two trips with no time I between stinks. I may actually drink some beer this year!

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Im so ready hit that is going to be a crazy week/weekend. My daughter and I have camp in East Texas Tuesday through Friday then I get to come home and pick up the trailer and drive down. I know it's not driving from Chicago or anything but planning two trips with no time I between stinks. I may actually drink some beer this year!
Sounds like a crazy fun week.

Reactions: PurpleHouse

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I picked up 999 rds.(Win 333x3) of 22LR at Walmart yesterday for $56.41 including tax. They had more and no longer limit qty. If anyone is interested, I'll try to get more for anyone that wants. Mine are not for sale. LOL

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
30+ people with guns - eatin', shootin' and bench racing over beverages sounds like a pretty darn good party to me --- especially considering the caliber of the guests AND the location!!! :cool:

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
30+ people with guns - eatin', shootin' and bench racing over beverages sounds like a pretty darn good party to me --- especially considering the caliber of the guests AND the location!!! :cool:
I would much more prefer to spend 3 days with 30 people I like than 1000 I could care less about.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
One of my principals I work with/for is a metal fabricator of conveyors, bins, hoppers for quarries - they are going to put a packaged together of drops from mild steel to 400 AR in varying thicknesses with 12" or < being the mean size - could be square, round, rectangular or any odd shape - can't beat the price, it's free. I believe he said a Weatherby 300 would penetrate 3/4" AR400 a 100 yards.
Got email this evening to come out Wed. to look over scrap drops. I also asked earlier if they could burn some holes in them for hanging - he didn't say no.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would much more prefer to spend 3 days with 30 people I like than 1000 I could care less about.
So, where ya gonna find 30 to put up with ya?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peacemakr40

·
Registered
3,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Shhhhhh don't help him house!!!!

Peace is my buddy, I can't help it. Plus, I don't want Mrs Peace on my bad side. ;)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sigh. I too have a boss. Errr wife.
But she doesn't get on here!! Lol

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I Got Steel - But Would Rather Have a Woody!

One of my principals I work with/for is a metal fabricator of conveyors, bins, hoppers for quarries - they are going to put a packaged together of drops from mild steel to 400 AR in varying thicknesses with 12" or < being the mean size - could be square, round, rectangular or any odd shape - can't beat the price, it's free. I believe he said a Weatherby 300 would penetrate 3/4" AR400 a 100 yards.
Got email this evening to come out Wed. to look over scrap drops. I also asked earlier if they could burn some holes in them for hanging - he didn't say no.
Finally got out to pick up some free steel from 1/4" deck plate to 1" thick mild steel and couple pieces of AR400 x 1/2". Rounds and odd shapes. Didn't get any holes burned as they were busy. I'm guessing that little pile of steel is about 350-400 lbs and my F150 rides different. I tried to shove it all to front of bed, but had to brake hard once and the sound I heard - may have a piece in back jumper seat. LOL

EDIT: Also bringing an old LCD 32" Flat Screen TV for target.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Finally got out to pick up some free steel from 1/4" deck plate to 1" thick mild steel and couple pieces of AR400 x 1/2". Rounds and odd shapes. Didn't get any holes burned as they were busy. I'm guessing that little pile of steel is about 350-400 lbs and my F150 rides different. I tried to shove it all to front of bed, but had to break hard once and the sound - I heard may have a piece in back jumper seat. LOL
Awesomesauce!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
7 days away! #SfL3 #SandLake2016

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Wow! Great Score. :eek:

I was was heading to Shapiro for 1" this AM.

Who has big C- clamps?! I can hit Harbor Freight for some extras.
I can toss in the cordless drill as well.

TH - did you say you had a pallet or two we could use - fab up a back stop/support??!

Reactions: PurpleHouse

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
I've got to get something to fab up,

TH - did you say you had a pallet or two we could use - fab up a back stop/support??!

·
Registered
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Well I'm screwed out of this years appearance again. Wife works Saturday and Sunday and I work Friday and she doesn't drive yet.
Yall better have some pics up :icon_ cry:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts

I could bring my 1/2" electric drill and some bits or maybe do some drilling here except some of this steel is tough for me to pickup, not to mention kick back possibly breaking my arm and no steel makes it to S.L. LOL I doubt my bits would drill AR400.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Hey, do you think we could us this to hold up the plates?

We have 2

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

341 - 360 of 645 Posts