Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
14,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have as of late renewed your CHL in Texas. After sending in the required paperwork and registering online for payment and processing. How long did take before you found and progress posted on the website as to your renewal being processed.

Thanks
ME

· Administrator
42,841 Posts
I renewed almost two years ago. Never checked the online status, but got the new plastic in the mail 21 days later as I recall.

· Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I renewed almost two years ago. Never checked the online status, but got the new plastic in the mail 21 days later as I recall.
Mine was about the same.

· Registered
21,219 Posts
I mailed my first time (after I let my real first time lapse I had to re-do everything instead of a renual) in on the 5th and sent it certified mail after paying online 2 weeks prior and it STILL hasn't shown up. This is the current message I'm getting

Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

· Premium Member
14,418 Posts
For those of you who have as of late renewed your CHL in Texas. After sending in the required paperwork and registering online for payment and processing. How long did take before you found and progress posted on the website as to your renewal being processed.

Thanks
ME
I took my renewal CHL class mid-November 2012 and had my new license mid-January 2013. So, two months for me.

· Registered
21,219 Posts
I took my renewal CHL class mid-November 2012 and had my new license mid-January 2013. So, two months for me.
Now that's more in line with what I was told to expect which was 6-8 weeks.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Thanks for the posts, it made me check my dates. I got a year left on the CHL and two years on the DL.:)

· Registered
96 Posts
Yep, both new's and renewal's take about 1 month or less in most cases.
I sent my paperwork in on 2/6 and still haven't got mine yet, I'm expecting I'll have it no later than 4/3 which would be 60 days.

· Registered
96 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
96 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with dps, I was on hold for 20 minutes and had a 45 second conversation. I was told there are no hold ups on my BG check but not to expect my chl until mid April. That's beyond the 60 day mark. I guess we will see what happens.

· Registered
6,986 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with dps, I was on hold for 20 minutes and had a 45 second conversation. I was told there are no hold ups on my BG check but not to expect my chl until mid April. That's beyond the 60 day mark. I guess we will see what happens.
It's good news and I'm glad to hear it. In the mean time, just have good time at the range with your pistol. Time will fly faster when you have fun.

· Registered
96 Posts
Well today is 6 weeks to the day that I placed my paperwork in the mailbox to go out. I've been checking the status a few times a day (because I'm extremely impatient) and this was the message today.

Attachments

· Registered
21,219 Posts
Well today is 6 weeks to the day that I placed my paperwork in the mailbox to go out. I've been checking the status a few times a day (because I'm extremely impatient) and this was the message today.
Bout time. I'm extremely impatient too. The only place I'm not impatient is sitting in a deer stand.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

· Registered
6,986 Posts
All right! Like I said, when the final step Concealed Handgun License changes to Manufacturing Pending, you will receive the plastic in a few days depending on how many days it takes for the snail mail to come to your mailbox from Austin. I'm happy for you, Congrats!

PS: Maybe the call you placed yesterday has sped up the process. :D

· Registered
3,077 Posts
All right! Like I said, when the final step Concealed Handgun License changes to Manufacturing Pending, you will receive the plastic in a few days depending on how many days it takes for the snail mail to come to your mailbox from Austin. I'm happy for you, Congrats!

PS: Maybe the call you placed yesterday has sped up the process. :D
Yep it will arrive soon.

I also congratulate you. Carry as often as you can and carry safely.

· Registered
96 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'm really looking forward to getting to carry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.