Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my bike to the Honda Dealership yesterday to get inspected. While I was waiting outside smoking(terrible habbit I know) a guy pulled up on a goldwing and I noticed the star badge on his belt and assumed it was a ranger or maybe sherrifs dept. The gun he was carrying looked awfuly familiar so I asked him if it was a Taurus. He said yeah it is the 24/7 in .45acp. I told him I have the 24/7 9mm and we talked for a few minutes. I was under the impression that the 24/7 is not a service weapon and he said that his dept. issue was a glock .40 and that the 24/7 was his personal gun and that he preferred it over the glock cause of the comfort. He also mentioned that he had over 1000 rounds through it and never had an issue and also has had to use it twice in the line of duty and it performed perfectly.

I just wanted to mention that and say GO TAURUS !!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I like my 24/7 .45, too, though I practice more with my PT-145. Another satisfied user. :thumb:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Shows the Texas Rangers are a smart bunch.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Texas Rangers carry Sig. They are specially serial numbered just for the Rangers. This doesn't mean that they may not carry Taurus as a personal weapon.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Sig 226 is standard issue for Rangers as well as State Troopers. However, Rangers may opt for duty arms, if they can qualfy with them. Most go with Colt 1911. It's a traditional sort of thing. Any thing for off duty.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I use my PT145 more than my 24/7 as well, but I'd never get rid of it......it's too nice of a gun. Makes me proud to be a Texas boy !!

·
Administrator
18,302 Posts
Sweet! ;D It may take some time, but 24/7's are catching on!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smokewagon said:
Sig 226 is standard issue for Rangers as well as State Troopers. However, Rangers may opt for duty arms, if they can qualfy with them. Most go with Colt 1911. It's a traditional sort of thing. Any thing for off duty.
Then he must have been with the sheriffs dept. cause he said his dept. issue gun was a glock 40.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts