Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first time gun handgun buyer. I was wondering cause I don't have my CHL is there a wait period of I pay my gun off before I actually get my licenses I know they have to do a back ground check and everything I was just curious. Hopefully I put in the right category

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
No. The only wait in Texas would be if your check doesn't go through due either to something in your past or confusion with another person, or the system is down. That's not very common. Normally you go in, fill out a form and wait a few minutes for the background check. Pay for it and go home.

·
Administrator
35,712 Posts
It's very nice having the LTC and not having to worry about the background check. :zzz:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea there next class Is next month at the end and I don't want to wait that long to get my gun you know I'm so excited!!! I don't need my LTC to shoot at my local range do I?

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
No. You do not need an LTC to shoot at a range. In fact, its good that you get a gun before you attempt the TxLTC class. Having the gun ahead of time will allow you to become familiar with it, learn its manual of arms, and practice with the gun you will use to qualify.

·
Registered
14,169 Posts
Yea there next class Is next month at the end and I don't want to wait that long to get my gun you know I'm so excited!!! I don't need my LTC to shoot at my local range do I?
I remember from an earlier post that you are located in or near the DFW area. Feel free to mention when and where you are going to go do some shooting practice, you may find that there are a few local members who would be pleased to meet up and join you on your outing. Not to mention that they may bring a few firearms that you are not familiar with and allow you to give one a go. Great way to meet new friends, family and firearms. Just saying.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Learn to shoot.

Learn the law.

THEN GET THE PERMIT.

Don't make any sense to carry if all you are doing is making noise when you shoot it. Only hits matter and you are going to be held responsible for every round you fire.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea the next LTC class I'm going and I'm only shooting at the range I don't have one at.my home!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts