Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after 60 days, my renewed CHL came in the mail.

The new laws say that you don't need to be printed for renewals. But -- if your prints were scanned on your original because your hands are old and scarred up like mine -- they DO require a scan. So I got mine scanned. The tech told me: "you'll be back. You have no legible prints left". Sure enough, 10 days later a notice came telling me to re-scan.

So I did. The tech told me again: "your prints aren't any good." But, she told me that the State of Texas only requires you to do this twice and then they issue it anyway. (Made no sense to me, since I knew my hands hadn't gotten any younger in the 10 days. But I went on down for a re-scan.)

Anyhow -- I got it! Good for 5 more years. Some advice: renew early. You have 6 months in which to do it, and if you have had ANY print problems, go as soon as you can. According to the tech, a knowledgeable young lady, it's not only age, but any kind of scarring that causes the failure.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
It's good to be renewed.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I did my renewal test yesterday. Now the wait. And I waited too long as usual since my license expires on two weeks. My bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts