·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Glad things worked out for her.

Potential problem one: Her gun was not on her person.
Potential problem two: Asking him to stop before getting gun. Don't ask, just get gun and shoot.

Again, glad things worked out for her, I think she got lucky.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
“...the mom quickly jumped into the car and asked to suspect to stop. When he refused, she pulled a gun from her glove compartment and shot the suspect in the head.

Police say the car crashed into a telephone pole and the suspect was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.” (AKA - No Brains!)

·
Registered
36,893 Posts

Potential problem two: Asking him to stop before getting gun. Don't ask, just get gun and shoot.

AND number 3!!
she apparently either left the car running or the keys in the ignition!
glad she and kids are alright, hopefully the kids are not deaf!
but honestly these stupid people need to quit doing this stuff, I mean how long has this been going on and they continue to leave the keys or the car running and walk off.
still going on here and the people act like they are surprised--REALLY??
maybe put that cell phone down for 5 minutes and you can use your brain to figure this stuff out.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
When you get out of your vehicle, TAKE YOUR KEYS! Honestly, lack of common sense these days continues to astound me.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Here is an interesting thought based on another thread we had talking about states making laws against leaving your car unattended while running or with the keys in it.

In Florida it is against the law so in theory could she be sued in Civil Court and not be protected by the Castle Doctrine because her actions were breaking a law to start? Hopefully I see my attorney friend today so I can ask him his opinion.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
17,333 Posts

Children involved , all bets are off. Hopefully he lives and drools on himself for a few years before succumbing to his injuries.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I hope he lives and drools on himself!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
About 10-years ago, I read a story about two guys that won the Darwin award. You see, they were drunk and trying to steal gas from a church van. It was dark out that night so one of the awardees used his lighter to help the other crook see the fuel line to cut it. Boom! Sizzle! Happened in Arab, AL.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this thread until now. I merged my thread with the one that was already here.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
The JAX media reported it as happening in FL...the Google search of that address shows it's in Duncanville, TX. I guess this further illustrates that facts are no longer relevant to today's "journalists".. Merging and correcting the title...
Reading the article I sure thought it was Jacksonville.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts