Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Texas Independence Day! (1836) I hope your flying your flag! :thumb:

It's also the day Texas was accepted into the Confederacy in 1861!

Registered
Happy Independence Day!

We are going out to a local bar/restaurant that has a great party, live music, cold beer and hot chili! They have an independence day promotion every year.

I just hope my daughters cheerleading finishes early enough for us to get there before the cover charge starts! :D

Reactions: Jake3501

Administrator
Texas, by God ! :guns:

Registered
Some of us are lucky enough to be born here, for the rest....I hope you found our glorious State before you got too old and able to contribute to the glory of Texas.

You can always tell a Texan, you just rarely can tell him anything because he is busy extolling the attributes of Texas.

God outdid himself when he created Texas...I'm not sure what his thinking was when he created West Texas.

Registered
Some of us are lucky enough to be born here, for the rest....I hope you found our glorious State before you got too old and able to contribute to the glory of Texas.

You can always tell a Texan, you just rarely can tell him anything because he is busy extolling the attributes of Texas.

God outdid himself when he created Texas...I'm not sure what his thinking was when he created West Texas.
West Texas is just proof God has a sense of humor. :)

Registered

Very true Jake!

I'm not lucky enough to have been born here, I was born in the US. :D

But my parents made up for it by bringing me here as a kid, and I aint leavin!

Registered
Well, my wife is from Texas, so I will have to remind her that today is a day of celebration!

Premium Member
I've been a long time gone, but born in Laredo. I consider myself a displaced Texan, so Happy Independence Day!

(I rarely need a reason to drink a beer after work, but today I'll toast Texas!)

Registered
Yaay, TEXAS !!!

I first got here in '44 and just had to come back in '46. I've been married to a good Texas gal for fifty-five years.

God made West Texas. I think he ran out of ideas about then. I take that back. I've enjoyed Guadalupe Peak and the Big Bend National Park. It ain't all bad, but it's a fur piece fom one waterin' hole to the next.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

Registered
Truth is, there is not a thing wrong with west Texas. It wasn't a lack of creative thought that made west Texas, just the opposite. Anyone can love glamor, glitz, bright lights, tall mountains, green hill sides, ripples of a lake or stream.
But a real Texan can also see and appreciate the beauty in the picturesque multi earth toned beauty of west Texas.

You are not born a Texan, you become a Texan when you truely feel Texas in your heart as part of your soul.

Premium Member
You are not born a Texan, you become a Texan when you truely feel Texas in your heart as part of your soul.
It also helps when your music collection includes Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Robert Earl Keen, and Rodney Crowell.

Registered
It also helps when your music collection includes Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Robert Earl Keen, and Rodney Crowell.
don't forget Pat Green and Gary P. Nunn!

Reactions: coopercdrkey

Registered
Bob Wills and Ernest Tubb will do for me. And of course, George Jones. A true Texas hero! Caught by the police driving his lawn tractor drunk down the highway. And Freddie Fender from out to the west of where I live. Here are a couple of Texans who you probably haven't heard of:
Art and Lisa - Art and Lisa

Lisa is a friend and we go to church together; she sometimes sings in our church band. Don't mess with Texas!

Registered
I'm not being mean, but the way eveything's going, in hindsight, maybe Texas should have stayed independent. Maybe I'm delusional, but didn't Texas originally have a charter or something that said they could have left the US legally???

Registered
Congratulations to all the Texans here. I've only been there once. It's a beautiful state!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts