Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have posted in the wrong spot.

OK Guys and Gals I shot my new 992 today. It was awesome. I shot about 50 rounds in 22 LR and about the same in .22 mag. I was able to switch cylinders in seconds.

I found the revolver to be true, it was a bit high out of the box, but a slight adjustment and it was right on. The 6 1/2 barrel had nice balance, and felt really good in my hand.

All in all I was very pleased with this revolver, now if I can just find the ammo to keep in it I would be a happy camper.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot the first time.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Glad to hear you really like your 992. I have not had mine to the range yet.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
YEP Got one on the fathers day list lets see if it is doable.....

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
That gun's been on my wish list for quite a while.
You're not helping. :D
How about a couple of pics?

·
Registered
25,027 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure how to add pictures, when I try to upload in message, just hangs there. Do I need an approval to do this ?

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
Not sure how to add pictures, when I try to upload in message, just hangs there. Do I need an approval to do this ?
I don't remember whether there is a post count requirement or not. Mods?
But also file type counts. .jpg, .png, and .gif are allowed, I'm not sure of others.
Method... don't upload as an attachment, upload as an image. If you are using the "normal" interface "Insert Image" is the third icon from the right.

Reactions: joecap1946

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
That is pretty.
I should never have helped you post those pictures.
Now I really want one.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
That is pretty.
I should never have helped you post those pictures.
Now I really want one.
Madkaw - there are TWO at one of my favorite LGS!! Do you want their phone number? hee-hee!! :)

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
Madkaw - there are TWO at one of my favorite LGS!! Do you want their phone number? hee-hee!! :)
No thank you. We're under a tornado warning right now - I'm not going to buy anything till it's over.

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
Is the warning over.............Did you get the number from Sekol..?:)
Not only is the warning over, but we are still alive. :)
But I didn't get the number.
Right now a 20 ga. semi-auto is tops on my wish list.

Reactions: joecap1946

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Have had mine for almost a year now and I shoot it often. It's been a home run in my book and has been flawless. The more you shoot, the better the trigger. I hope you are able to find some ammo so you can really break it in! Thanks for your range report!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have had mine for almost a year now and I shoot it often. It's been a home run in my book and has been flawless. The more you shoot, the better the trigger. I hope you are able to find some ammo so you can really break it in! Thanks for your range report!
I love mine..............but I'm starting to worry about the ammo situation. This is crazy, it's like your always thinking am I going to get ammo to replace what I've just shot.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I love mine..............but I'm starting to worry about the ammo situation. This is crazy, it's like your always thinking am I going to get ammo to replace what I've just shot.
As much as I hate saying it, if I were you I'd get familiar with the Wally World Walk. The Walmarts up here get ammo offloaded late at night and stocked for the 7am opening of sporting goods. Friday mornings have been the most productive here. Get your friends and relatives in on the hunt as well. Get what you can, when you can but don't pay overinflated prices. WM has been keeping Federal Auto Match at 4.5 cents per round. Revolvers don't blow through ammo like the autos do and if you can get a few hundred rounds at a time, keep shooting, it's starting to sloooowly let up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts