Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,826 Posts

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
There's so many Snowflakes in the world now I won't have a clue when winter sets in.

·
22,309 Posts
Tennis claims to be a genteel sport, with respect for other players and the officials. I agree a fine is appropriate. I have no idea what sorts of fines are normal, so I won't comment on the amount, but I have absolutely no problem with this guy facing consequences for his obviously unsportsmanlike conduct.

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
The gesture was made after the player won a video review challenge. It was like “hah, told ya so”. If he’d opened his fist, covered his ears and ducked it would be called a mimick of mortar fire. No one is safe from their actions nowadays. Other tennis players have mimicked a rifle with their tennis racquet, at the main judge, no less, and everyone laughed. It sorta hinges on what’s in the current events at the time. Would hate for some “tension reducing” humor to lead to a red flag law!

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
In case no one has watched recently, many golfers, after putting their approach shot close to the pin, will shoulder their club head - pointing the shaft at the pin - and make a recoil like action. Like they had beat the hole with their shot. No one says anything because many do it and it is a common show of humor.

·
22,309 Posts
1. There's a difference between making a gesture like that at an object, and at a person.
2. People watch golf? :rolleyes: jk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Then we have the golfers with the sword action with the putter...ala Chichi.

Can we shoot a bow?

We can reel in a fish still.

I'm thinking that at the US Open it would be a default if they throw a racket and hit an official. But it is a lessor punishment if they just throw a racket.

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
Wonder what kind of foul or red flag law would be invoked just for flipping someone off AKA shooting the bird?

And, yep, I’m an avid golf fan. So much so that I was very disappointed in the recent bunch’a Pro golfers who started complaining about course conditions, time limits, etc. Any serious shooter ever complained about how a competitive course was set up and dropped out after the officials and organizing body refused to bend to them?

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
^^^^^^^^^.

Did you know Benny Hill died penniless in poverty?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts