Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As of late, I've been re-evaluating my collection (need vs desire). I've come to the conclusion that I love the 1911 platform. Recently I came into the possession of a 20-year-old Series 80 Colt Gold Cup National Match. It is a dream and goes well with my two PT1911s :D. The other day I finally traded up my PT111 mil pro as a deposit on a S&W 1911PD commander. The PT111 was a good gun, but I never could get quite comfortable with it. I also took the liberty of ordering a Colt XSE SS. Now I am only left with a 24/7 in .45 and a PT92af (which is out for repair). I like having a 9mm for range use , but I have (or will have) five .45 1911s.

So my question is, Do I trade in the 24/7 which I think is a fine gun and (to date) has not given me any problems or do I keep it as my only polymer? In all honesty, I don't carry it. It is equipped with a rail light and is one of my home defense guns. I find it to be comfortable and manageable to shoot. It is a well balanced firearm.

My 3 1911s (awaiting S&W and Colt XSE)

1911ss, PT92AF and 24/7 w/rail light

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Personally I'd keep it since it's never had any issues and because it fills the niche of home defense very well.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd say to keep if for a home defense weapon. Plus who knows what ammo prices will do in the future.

Steelheart

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unless you find something you're burning up for, I'd say keep it...
I have a few 1911's too and love them.
I'm most comfortable with that platform in a pistol, but recently added a 24/7 45 ACP to my collection as well...

If you're looking for something interesting, try a Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Unit for one of your 1911s...

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nothing wrong with picking a brand or style and going for it. Keep in mind that the 24/7 will be a bit lighter and easier to carry concealed then a 1911, although I do care 1911's regularly with no problems (usually in a shoulder rig).

I have a little bit of everything in my collections because I like variety.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Kimber Ultra Carry is my everyday carry gun. That and a Kel-Tec P3AT as a back-up.
I do like to swap them out every once in a while, but the 1911's are so flat that it's hard to pack a double stack...

Just my .02 worth...

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I like the full size 1911 for concealed carry, simple because it makes a lasting impression when exposed ;) Although my new SS 24/7 pro LS in 45cal makes a near equal impression and carries 12 rds over 8...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts