Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had 3 different ones in .380 cal. Two worked perfectly well, but withonly hardball ammo. The other had a problem with the manual safety. The price is right if ya get a good one. Ain;t no new Llama parts that I know of either.

It is pretty much like a small 1911. And it is a lock breech gun. It is not blowback. It was made in .32 acp and .22 LR. IIRC, the .22 was the only one that was a blowback. I had one of those and it was very picky about ammo. Never had one in .32.

·
22,034 Posts
Tell him your expert panel said it's a very questionable roll of the dice, and offer $150.

Reactions: jimb1972 and mwj999

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Tell him your expert panel said it's a very questionable roll of the dice, and offer $150.
:thumb: What GhostHorse said. Also, in my limited experience, the Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty rounds feed like hardball.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't know anything about these guns, but it looks nice.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had 3 different ones in .380 cal. Two worked perfectly well, but withonly hardball ammo. The other had a problem with the manual safety. The price is right if ya get a good one. Ain;t no new Llama parts that I know of either.

It is pretty much like a small 1911. And it is a lock breech gun. It is not blowback. It was made in .32 acp and .22 LR. IIRC, the .22 was the only one that was a blowback. I had one of those and it was very picky about ammo. Never had one in .32.
Yep... Barrel not affixed to frame

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Cooool! We have two Llamas that work well - guess we got lucky! Does that $200 include your FFL paperwork? If so - I'd say it might be something to consider. With "economy" firearms, $50 here or there doesn't make much of a difference, it all depends upon the pricing in your market and how much you really want something -plus being in retail ourselves, we understand that the store needs to make something, too!

Looks like we have similar taste in firearms, JL!! We've got good taste!:D

Reactions: Ebha and morrcarr67

·
Registered
27,169 Posts
Depends on why you want it. As a curio, OK. As a gun…the High Point 9mm sells for around $160 and has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I vote no.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I wouldn't buy it personally, but that's just me. I'm still kind of kicking myself for not buying a Ballistor-Molina a few years back for $150. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have a contracted 1911 without a grip safety like JMB always intended it to be.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Depends on why you want it. As a curio, OK. As a gun…the High Point 9mm sells for around $160 and has a lifetime warranty.
Is that a High Point 9mm in your pocket, or you just glad to see me?:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts