Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some kicking around this weekend, including this years' first ride on the Indian. That was fantastic.

But I was pretty tempted on not one, but two occasions by Taurus snubs. The first was a model 85 that was quite nicely blued. I'd have been curious to hold it next to my classic Cobra, or my Diamondback. The really interesting thing about it was that it was ported. Six ports, right around the front sight of course, and I'd say it was a factory ported revolver. Asking $350. I didn't have the time to give it a proper evaluations (check the timing, gap, etc), or I'd have tried to get them down to $300 and brought it home, just to keep my non-View company.

And then, I also saw a stainless .44 Special. I likes big boolets, so I've wanted a .44 Special. Marked $300. The stainless had some wear on it; I'd have done some buffing if I'd bought it. But they wouldn't take the grigger lock off, so no checking the timing or lockup. The gap was invisibly small; couldn't see light through it any way I tried to manipulate it. Almost made me wonder if it it was TOO tight, but I probably just didn't find the right angle.

Interesting couple of revolvers.

This is the part where you all explain that the ported M85s had gold filling in the grips, and in the .44 Specials it was platinum. ;D

Attachments

·
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've been riding down the road, looked over at the next lane, and I'm being photographed. It gets photographed a lot.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Is that the top of La Bojada on southbound 25? Nice view, but more than a few nutzoid drivers with a complete and total lack of respect for the posted 75 mph speed limit.

PS - Pics of the bike is not a substitute for pics of the guns. Close, mind you, but not quite there.

·
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good eye Trucks; that's exactly where it is.

Speed limit? What is this "speed limit" of which you speak? :rolleyes: Actually, I usually don't push it on the Indian. When it's fun at any speed, why bother?

And I don't have pics of the revolvers, sorry. They sort of frown on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts