Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering one for my next pistol whenever the time comes. Not decided on a particular model yet. I've read some good reviews but I'd like to get some TA hands on experience opinions.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
One of the Tri-Star Turkish pistols I picked up is a copy of the Canik 55, the fit, finish, feel, and function is great. I did have a few fail to return to full battery with the first magazine full of ammunition, but after that it was pure perfection.

Currently there are a few on Gunbroker at reasonable prices. The Canik 55 Stingray C at $340
Canik 55 Model Stingray-C : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I kind of like the Canik Shark also for design and size.

I noticed that there is also a Canik S120 listed. I have the Tri-Star S120, it was perfect right out of the box, sighted perfect and not a hiccup through numerous magazines of ammunition.

The difficult thing to get accustomed to is the shallow depth of the slide, when you go to chamber a round there is little surface area to grab with your fingers and grasp. After a while you don't really notice it much.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

·
Banned
694 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Stringray is a CZ-75 clone, TP-9 is a Walther clone. Canik 55 is considered one of the better Turkish gun makers.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
All I know about the canik is what I have read, its been pretty positive.
I wouldn't over look the EAA Witness guns though!
They are near the same price range and are actually Imported Tanfoglio and have a very good long term record and are quality firearms.
They offer the all metal and poly as well, several different sizes.
Speaking for EAA , Tanfoglio and CZ the size of the slide is not an issue as the guns never jam, so you really don't need to be able to rack the slide.--:thumb:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I never heard of canik till now. It's definitely got a face only a mother could love.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Ambi safety and slide lock? How does the take down work?

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Here's a review on the StingRay-C

Century Arms Stingray-C 9mm | AllOutdoor.com

BTW, the StingRay looks like 99% of the other CZ-75 clones, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Most of you probably think a Glock is good looking....now that is funny.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have a Stingray-C. It is comparable to a CZ75 compact, however, is ambidextrous and has accessory rail. Good construction, accurate and runs flawless. No failures of any type in about 500 rounds. It is an all steel frame, so it is heavy. Because of the weight it is a soft shooter.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Ambi safety and slide lock? How does the take down work?
Typically all the CZ and clones are a simple line up two lines (One on frame , one on slide), push out Slide lock, remove slide and barrel forward
takes about 10 seconds and goes back together just as fast.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Which Canik do you want to know about? I posted a range report on my C-100 (compact CZ clone) two years ago. Never did one on my S-120 (heavy steel full size single action CZ 75 clone), but I like it too. I don't keep logs of round counts as I should, but I'd say they're both well over 500 with no malfunctions of any kind. I even use them for car guns in the summer, when I'm home from work in daylight. Really need to get some tritium sights on them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My boyfriend and I have 3 Canik55 Shark-c 15+1 9mms. I would put them against any other gun. These babies are extremely well made with tightly machined and fitted parts. There is no wobble in the slide. Trigger pull is crisp and clean. The guns are well weighted and very accurate. You won't be disappointed with one of these.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts