1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Link to story. Principal: Teacher Told Student To Urinate In Bucket After Restroom Plea Refused « CBS Los Angeles

WTH was she thinking I didn't condone disobedience with my children but I did teach them when something is wrong and they were not to comply at that point. My kids would have told the teacher to take a flying leap respectfully and would have went to the restroom then would have gone to the principals office to call me.
There's a tremendous difference between having respect and following instructions and being embarrassed and denigrated by a teacher.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Armedpatriot and Dive Bum, I'm with both of yall!

My daughter has been taught to respect authority so far as it is legitimate authority. This is a case of illegitimate authority and my advice would have been similar to ArmedPatroits, to tell the teacher to take a flying leap as well and use the restroom. If the teacher doesn't like it they can talk to mom or dad! I don't know who would be nicer, mom or dad.. either way... :D

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
That's just wrong. Totally unrelated but this reminds me of the time I had to pee in my BDU's before my drill sergeant would let anyone go to the bathroom. This after we were made to drink two canteens of water within fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
This sounds like an act of bullying by a teacher! Why is it that the school boards are always so "shocked" by this kind of teacher behavior? It happens often enough to make you think that the board should have a pretty good idea of what's going on in it's schools, by now! How can we expect our schools to teach our kids common sense lessons when they have no common sense themselves?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wow...all i can say is wow. My kids know rigjt from wrong as well and would have done the same thing, my girl probably not as respectfully as my boy. Nonetheless, the artical saus the school board is taking this matter very seriously.....and I somehow doubt that. The only thing they are taking seriously is whether the parents can fimd a way to sue them. I don't know what could be done to make this situation right, we have imdoor plumbing in all schools and now we have teachers trying to regulate that. Lol conduct a brief investigation, 2 days are sufficient and fire the teachers ass after revoking their teaching liscense.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
That's just wrong. Totally unrelated but this reminds me of the time I had to pee in my BDU's before my drill sergeant would let anyone go to the bathroom. This after we were made to drink two canteens of water within fifteen minutes.
I knew there was a reason I leaned Air Force over Army! :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This sounds like an act of bullying by a teacher! Why is it that the school boards are always so "shocked" by this kind of teacher behavior? It happens often enough to make you think that the board should have a pretty good idea of what's going on in it's schools, by now! How can we expect our schools to teach our kids common sense lessons when they have no common sense themselves?
Problem being the don't teach anymore except how to pass the FCAT this is how the schools and teachers are graded now, not by the level of education. I recently found out one of my grandchildren didn't know how to tie his shoes or tell time on a regular clock or digital he's in second grade. ????? I learned this kind of stuff in kindergarten. I was upset with his mother and teacher both were ashamed of themselves.

Also with myself for not noticing that before I did.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Almost hit the like button wish we had a dislike because that was no fun for anyone involved.

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
I have had to deal with our local High School on several instances. One leading to court with several teachers and a Vice Principle involved. By the time my youngest went there they tried messing with her but soon found out I was still vigilant on my fight against there two standard rules. They were glad when they graduated one with honors and the other winning state in Mock trial competition. Which is like Lawyer competition. While other students got away with stealing and threats of harm to my children.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Found out it only takes about two seconds for a whole platoon to sprint twenty yards to the wood line.
I've heard of unit cohesion, unit urination is a new one! :D

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Teach would have had a wet desk.......

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
There would definitely be problems the next morning at school, especially considering i work nights.

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
Slightly OT, bit it demonstrates the mindset (using poetic license on that) of some Teachers today. My Sophomore Niece was telling me the other week that her Teacher was standing in front of the class telling them that he doesn't get paid enough. And they want to be treated like PROFESSIONALS?? :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts