Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Academy today. There were 2 different prices for TCP738. $279 vs $199. The lady told me the only difference was the weight. She actually let me held both. The cheaper one was heavier. Other than that they seemed to be identical.

The Taurus web site just list one weight 10.2 OZ as far as I could find.

My question is: What makes that $80.00 difference? How was the recoils compare to say PT709 which I have. Thank you.
--
James

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
AFAIK the $199 TCP comes with 1 mag and no hard case, the more expensive one comes with 2 mags and a hard case. I have no ideas about the weight difference.

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
well while i think that Taurus did actually produce the TCP in titanium, I think it was fairly limited and now is no longer in production, someone can correct me if I am wrong on this!
but even then the weight difference wasn't a lot as I remember?
recoil?? well if you are concerned about recoil honestly why would you be looking to get a lighter pistol??
felt recoil is a very subjective thing, to me the 709 can be shot all day and no probelm, the tcp is a micro sized auto pistol and so extended range time likely wil not be very enjoyable with either model that you get actually.
I can pretty much bet that if you buy the titnium model that you will lose a lot more money a lot quicker than the steel and poly one.
there is simply not that much demand to my knowledge and its a discontinued item i believe.
hope this helps some.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the $199 gun does come with a hard case, but only one mag and no holster.

you can find the same Bulldog holster online for $20-30, and Midway has mags for about $20.

the wieght should be the same. i have never seen a titanium TCP or heard of anyone claiming to own one. i was under the impression that the titanium versions were never actualy built.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I think its the extra mag and case that makes the difference. If it was titanium it would be probably $379- or more.

BTW- I thought Taurus got out of the titanium business?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have the $199 version. The weight is the same. It comes with 1 mag instead of 2 and no nylon case/holster

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
I have never seen a titanium 738 personally, only pictures of them and If i remember correctly wasn't the slide marked TCP 738 Ti.
and of course if you added a magazine and a bulldog pouch then certainly it would weigh more!-LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts