Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new camera very bad, had to leave the flash on for it to focus, will try and steal the wifes and take some better qualities with it.
Tried out some color infill on the tcp. Just done in wax for now, wasnt sure if I would like it so didnt want it to be permanent This way it is easy to clean out if I decide I dont like it. Very easy to do and using wax you have an almost endless choice of colors through the crayola box.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
That sure makes the engravings stand out. I like it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Nice. I am still trying to get the courage to paint my TCP sights with my daughter's nail polish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Had my front sights painted neon green front with rear in neon red, didn't like it, now they are both white but think I am going to switch the front back to neon. I used model car paint, worked great and cleaned off easy with a detail brush and paint thinner.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just painted the front sight white. It's hard because of the ramp but it's only nail polish and I can remove it with non-acetone remover. My daughter had a great idea: take the silde to the nail salon downtown and have THEM paint what I want painted. They have the touch and for a $5 bill it will look better than I could ever do.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I sandblasted my slide and filled in with black enamel, alng with a few other mods.

As for the sights, I used a Dremel with a cutoff disk and ground out a slot in the front and rear sights, painted the slots white enamel, and filled with some clear epoxy that I added glow in the dark powder to. Results were very good as you can see and are easy and fast on target. The slots allow more light in, just like with fiber optics and from the rear they look just like dots.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very nice, what media did you use on your slide, just sand of glass bead? I do alot of powder coating on the side and have though of powdering mine. Havent done any pistols yet, but have done a few barrels for rifles and shotguns.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
LOL, I have no idea. I went on post and used the sandblaster at the Automotive Shop. It was probably sand as they just use it to knock off rust, or get parts ready for paint. Powder coating sounds like a good idea, just keep the powder off the rails and breech face. I used Duracoat before, but I think just about any finish will wear over time. I like the sandblast finish because I can touch it up very easily.

But if you are going to refinish the slide, you might as well knock off those ridiculous corners on the front of the slide. That is what got me started on modding my 738. BTW, the extractor is a real pain in the butt to get back together. So if you take it apart, you may want to practice putting it back together a few times before you refinish the slide until you can do it without scratching the finish (or losing those little springs).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Need a new camera very bad, had to leave the flash on for it to focus, will try and steal the wifes and take some better qualities with it.
Tried out some color infill on the tcp. Just done in wax for now, wasnt sure if I would like it so didnt want it to be permanent This way it is easy to clean out if I decide I dont like it. Very easy to do and using wax you have an almost endless choice of colors through the crayola box.

Nice!!

I know some people thinks it kind of cheesy; but I like cheese. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks good. Just did my 709 in white.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts