Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 738C and picked up an extra (used) magazine as well. Ran about 150 rounds through the gun with no issues except for the extra magazine- it will not lock into the gun. Chamber a round and the magazine will eject. The factory included mag works fine and I had forgotten just how accurate these little guns are (had an earlier model previously). I decided to order a couple of new magazines from Midway, and they show with serial numbers higher or lower than 60,000. Since mine is the new C series, I'm assuming I should order the 60,000+ version even though my serial number is in the 12,000C range.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what is the difference in the two magazines? The last thing I want is two more that won't stay in the gun.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I do not have a 738, but I found that there are two different mags for the 709, and the ones I bought from a gun show vendor would not slide in and drop out of my gun. CS, took my serial # and told me to ship the odd mags back and they would replace them with functional ones.

You already know there is two dif. styles in the 738, so I sure would determine which I needed before I order. Either CS, or Midway should have that info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts