Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new-to-me TCP732, and I'm wondering if there are any reliability enhancements that other owners might recommend? I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, and i won't feel comfortable using it for CC until I do, but I thought I'd check to see if there's anything anyone would recommend be done to it before I start my testing/trusting phase.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
There is this thread stickied in smithing that covers the TCP 738/732. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/40279-tcp-738-reliability-enhancements.html

I have ordered a TCP732 myself and hope to get it on Monday or Tuesday. I will give it a look over compared to the stickied thread and see if I will do anything to the gun or not before its first range outing. I may do no more than clean it and lube it on the first go round.

·
Registered
36,457 Posts
disassemble the weapon as per the manual, throughly clean it, lube it and reassemble, then run about 300- plus rounds through that puppy with different brands of ammo, thats the best enhancements that you can do.
IF you have probelms after that then adress them, as the od saying goes "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it".

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had a 732 for 6 months or so. I haven't put that many rounds through it. Maybe 150. No failures yet. I use it for CC regularly. I am confident it will go bang when I pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I finally got my TCP 732 on Tuesday and I hope to break it in on Thursday.

I did feel compelled to remove a few burrs left from manufacturing. One was on the trigger bar disconnect cutout on the frame rail, and another was on the chamber hood where it met the breech face. The feed ramp and chamber, while not mirror polished, appears to be good enough and feeds/extracts ammo while hand cycling the slide very well.

I cleaned all the brown packing goo out of the gun, then I oiled and greased as needed. I also beveled the takedown pin slightly on one edge so the pin goes back in the gun more easily.

·
Registered
36,457 Posts
I finally got my TCP 732 on Tuesday and I hope to break it in on Thursday.
I cleaned all the brown packing goo out of the gun, then I oiled and greased as needed. I also beveled the takedown pin slightly on one edge so the pin goes back in the gun more easily.
WOW!
Now you would think a MOD here on the forum would already know!
:worthless:

Enjoy the gun, well I trust you, i know that you really do have it, even if you can't post a picture of it!

:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts