Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine broke after 1000+ rounds. I asked this in the smithing section but maybe here I'll get some info. Was wondering how to load the spring against the trigger bar. Other words, how many twists of the spring to get the right tension.

Thanks, Johnny.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
As far as I know the springs come with the correct # of turns. Now if your using after market parts, count the turns, and cut accordingly on the new one. If you screw up buy another spring and try again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Robby. I didn't explain my question very well. Let me try again. I need to install this new factory spring and since the loop end broke off the old one, I don't know how its positioned before setting the long end under the trigger bar.There's 2 ways the loop can go around the trigger pin. One way seems like it would put more tension on the trigger bar than flipping the spring over. Maybe I'm fretting about nothing and when the new spring shows up I'll be able to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Well that is a bit easier to understand. Now that I know the original broke at the loop. I do not have the 738, hard to answer. Maybe someone with a 738, can look and let you know.

But like you said, the new spring may make it easier to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts