Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tcp 380 trigger has a lot of side to side wiggle. Is anybody willing to check theirs so I can see if it is just mine? Thx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Checked mine and it does too. New 12/14 series E. Not any trouble, works perfect and never noticed it till you asked.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
About 1/10" or 2.5 mm is probably in spec for that type of pistol. Not a problem as long as the lateral slop is consistent from top to bottom and not x slop on one end and x+ slop on the opposite end.

·
22,304 Posts
My TCP trigger wiggles more than I'd have expected. I'd say it's well under 1mm at the top, where the trigger disappears up into the frame, and about 1mm either way if you measure it at the bottom of the trigger. Function is outstanding.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mine has some wiggle to it. More like it's pivoting slightly inside the frame. At the tip of the tip of the trigger the lateral motion is more pronounced. Since I have never had the trigger assembly out of the frame, I'm guessing that's the way it came from the factory. No functional issues that I have noticed.
I've taken things apart that might have been best to leave alone but I generally study the EPVs (Exploded Parts View) extensively before I do so and usually take pics as I go along to assist with reassembly. I didn't always do it that way but after a couple of close calls, I do now!
Flex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts