Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Taurus TCP 738 and have put 100 rounds through it and had an odd issue a few times. The trigger went back farther than usual before the hammer would drop, it required squeezing it ALL the way back and then a bit more, but then the hammer would drop but the round didn't fire, the assumption being a light strike. Oddly enough to recover from this, a second pull of the trigger worked fine. I didn't need to rack the slide. From my understanding, the TCP is kind of a 1.5 action, the slide going back half cocks the hammer with the trigger pull doing the other half. So I'm confused how the hammer could fall (presumably only half way) and so only require another trigger pull.

This only happened maybe 3-4 times in the 100 rounds and I'm not sure if it's something that'll go away with a little more break in time. Has anyone seen or heard of this? Perhaps know of a simple fix?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Can't with your problem but I will say welcome to TA from Minnesota. Some one will be along shortly to help you.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I just got a Taurus TCP 738 and have put 100 rounds through it and had an odd issue a few times. The trigger went back farther than usual before the hammer would drop, it required squeezing it ALL the way back and then a bit more, but then the hammer would drop but the round didn't fire, the assumption being a light strike. Oddly enough to recover from this, a second pull of the trigger worked fine. I didn't need to rack the slide. From my understanding, the TCP is kind of a 1.5 action, the slide going back half cocks the hammer with the trigger pull doing the other half. So I'm confused how the hammer could fall (presumably only half way) and so only require another trigger pull.

This only happened maybe 3-4 times in the 100 rounds and I'm not sure if it's something that'll go away with a little more break in time. Has anyone seen or heard of this? Perhaps know of a simple fix?
Welcome to the forum. Contact Taurus immediately. This is the third instance of this being reported in a short time frame. Wonder if they had a batch of out of spec parts? It would be interesting to see how close the serial numbers are on these 3 guns.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...rus-tcp-738-e-model-trigger-hammer-delay.html

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/128060-i-do-have-worst-luck-tcps.html

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
mouse_sweeping_welcome.gif From Northeast Florida! I also recommend you call Taurus CS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact Taurus immediately. This is the third instance of this being reported in a short time frame.
Well darn, I was worried that would be the answer. I was working with some snap caps last night and for a while was able to reproduce it every time if I pull with my left (weak) hand but right hand was working just fine.

Anyone know what kind of turnaround time they're looking at now?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Well darn, I was worried that would be the answer. I was working with some snap caps last night and for a while was able to reproduce it every time if I pull with my left (weak) hand but right hand was working just fine.

Anyone know what kind of turnaround time they're looking at now?
2 to 4 weeks depending on where you live. I'm in Chicago. It was 3 weeks for my TCP with the exact same problem. I'm the guy in Fish's post.
Welcome by the way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts