Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a PT1911 thread (http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-1911-s/88503-firing-pin-broken-now.html) advice was offered as to what spare parts should be kept on hand for quicker repairs. Got me to wondering if I should have any spare parts for my TCP, which has become my primary concealed carry. Or is the TCP not prone to breaking things like extractors and firing pins and recoil springs (as suggested by olfarhors for 1911s)? Thoughts from more experienced TCP owners?

·
Registered
339 Posts
i doubt i am any more experienced than you, mine is only a year old and nothing has broken on it. but, having read reports from many other owners i have to say there is no one part that i can think of that i fear will break on my gun. nothing that is common enough for me to worry about having spares.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
The only thing that i would think I might want as a backup would be the recoil sring(s).--(which i do have)
The 1911 (anyones) is known to have a few parts that do occasionally break or wear out.
the extractor, firing pin and with enough use the recoil spring.
the difference is the ease of getting such parts on a 1911 and the ease of replacement.
the TCP 738 does not readily fill that role other than the recoil springs which likely most people are not going to shoot enough to wear out anytime soon.
again just my opinion on this, one can never tell what part will break on any weapon.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i doubt i am any more experienced than you, mine is only a year old and nothing has broken on it. but, having read reports from many other owners i have to say there is no one part that i can think of that i fear will break on my gun. nothing that is common enough for me to worry about having spares.
I've had my TCP for about 6 months, and my experience is the same as yours so far, 44. Thanks for the input.

The only thing that i would think I might want as a backup would be the recoil sring(s).--(which i do have)
The 1911 (anyones) is known to have a few parts that do occasionally break or wear out.
the extractor, firing pin and with enough use the recoil spring.
the difference is the ease of getting such parts on a 1911 and the ease of replacement.
the TCP 738 does not readily fill that role other than the recoil springs which likely most people are not going to shoot enough to wear out anytime soon.
again just my opinion on this, one can never tell what part will break on any weapon.
Good points, olfarhors. I'm not going to worry, then, about spare parts for my TCP. I shall, however, keep your suggestions for when (not "if," but "WHEN!") I get a PT1911. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts