Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luv the little gun. Shoots well. Accuracy is good for this type of gun. Luv everything about it other than the darn slide staying open during firing.

issue is that the slide keeps locking back with one and sometimes two rounds the magazine. I have tried a few of the simple fixes I have found on line with not much luck. I am pretty certain it pertains to the slide lock guide that contacts the follower. I have considered removing the little do hickey that engages the mag follower altogether. Yes, have thing slide stay open after the last round is nice, but honestly...as a defensive weapon, once you empty the mag into the bad guy how many people are going to have a second mag with them, the time to reload or the dexterity and frame of mind to shove another mag in and continue.

anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Since this is the new member intro forum. Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

Re-post your question in the 700 section and you will get more responses.

Reactions: rpcortina

·
Registered
5,151 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome from Okla-Home-a!

·
Administrator
40,255 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Luv the little gun. Shoots well. Accuracy is good for this type of gun. Luv everything about it other than the darn slide staying open during firing.

issue is that the slide keeps locking back with one and sometimes two rounds the magazine. I have tried a few of the simple fixes I have found on line with not much luck. I am pretty certain it pertains to the slide lock guide that contacts the follower. I have considered removing the little do hickey that engages the mag follower altogether. Yes, have thing slide stay open after the last round is nice, but honestly...as a defensive weapon, once you empty the mag into the bad guy how many people are going to have a second mag with them, the time to reload or the dexterity and frame of mind to shove another mag in and continue.

anyone have any thoughts?
When you remove the slide and mag, the slide release should still spring up and down. If it doesn't you need to send your 738 back for repair. The magazine follower will not be in position to lock the slide back on the first or second shot and the spring in the slide release should hold that tab down (slide release up) so it does not engage until the mag follower pushes it up. I have seen this before and it is the spring that works the slide release has broken, which is also probably why the retaining pin is so hard to get out (same spring).

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

As to your question of having the frame of mind to shove another magazine in after you go empty. That is why we practice to create the muscle memory for when things go bad. It will become second nature.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia...

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!