Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m terrified the only answer is to send it in but... after a cleaning I went to reattach the slide, it while attempting to reinsert the pin the slide and barrel slid back and it will no longer slide forward.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Pull the trigger and try again.

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
345 Posts
Don't send it in quite yet. Looks like the barrel has moved too far rearward and the feed ramp has dropped into the upper portion of the mag well. The barrel is never that far to the rear in any part of the cycle. I would try inserting a dowel up the front portion of the mag well and apply upward pressure on the the bottom of the feed ramp while gently tapping on the rear of the slide to drive it forward. Once released, check in the area of the trigger pivot for any damage. Hope that works.
Flex

·
23,195 Posts
I think I've done this. Shouldn't take a trip to Miami. GreenWolf had a good suggestion, and there's always the "wiggle everything while pointing the muzzle toward Neptune" technique. Don't give up until at least 20 minutes has passed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think I've done this. Shouldn't take a trip to Miami. GreenWolf had a good suggestion, and there's always the "wiggle everything while pointing the muzzle toward Neptune" technique. Don't give up until at least 20 minutes has passed.
But do make sure you point it at Neptune and NOT Uranus:D.
Did this problem ever get resolved?
Flex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts