Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help with the Serial Numbers on the TCP, After a lot of reading seems like a 50/50 split on whether "A" or "B" series is the newer model, even seeing some posts about a "C" version... Can someone clear this up, logically it should be in order "A" older, "B" and "C" newest... Just want to buy the version with the less kinks...Thanks

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
A first, B second, and C the most current.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Probably, i have a 60,000 series "A" model and have had zero problems........the fact of the matter is any model can have problems if the quality control procedures are not followed properly....

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
A little help with the Serial Numbers on the TCP, After a lot of reading seems like a 50/50 split on whether "A" or "B" series is the newer model, even seeing some posts about a "C" version... Can someone clear this up, logically it should be in order "A" older, "B" and "C" newest... Just want to buy the version with the less kinks...Thanks
well logic rules!!
in this case anyway!
it is a-b-c as to production.
but I doubt if anyone outside the factory knows if design improvements were made within the series as production went on?
in other words is a early production A model diffeerent than a late A model?
and i have no idea but the C models that i have seen discussed all came with 1 magazine and no carry pouch, so I don't know if the c model was simply produced to compete with other manufactures ast a lower price or what.
I don't recall seeing a C model here yet.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have a C-series 738, it's only a few weeks old. it did come with only one mag and no pouch, but i have seen the C's in gun shops with the 2-mags and pouch package.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have an A model with serial like this 5xxxxA. HAs the newer mods. Rounded lifter on slide hold open, proper extractor profile, and has run everything i have fed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts