Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a cheap one that I bought at Wally World. With slacks, no problem. I somewhat see a outline with jeans. Anything out there better thats not stupid money that may look more like a wallet? Thanks in advance.
D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered mine from RKBA holsters. It's a leather pocket holster with a place for an extra mag. It requires big pockets (I'm a big guy so that's no problem) or cargo pants but it works great. I think it was something like $40. It's held up well, is nearly two years old with a lot of time on it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got one on EBAY which covers the trigger. Since the 738 has no safety, I think it's the best option. WALMART sells something very similar for something like $10....

·
Registered
580 Posts
I prefer a Remora with a sweat shield... Tried other less expensive holsters and then got what I should have gotten to start with. This holster will work in a pocket (doesn't replicate a wallet though), but can also be used IWB too. That makes them very diverse.

Remora_TCP_2013_zps1aa4821a.jpg

·
Registered
796 Posts
I use a DeSantis G3, made for inside the pocket. I put it in my front or back pocket and the print looks like a wallet. It does cover the trigger. I paid $20.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have interest in this as well. My reasearch indicates that the Desantis Nemesis is the best bang for the buck in front pocket holsters (where I normally carry MY wallet.) And Chris here has posted that the version designed for the S&W Bodyguard seems to actually fit better than the one Desantis designates for the TCP... along with a few others. IMO, his logic appears sound...

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/97297-helpful-tip-desantis-nemesis-s-w-bg380-holster-fits-tcp-738-better.html

There are defiitely other, better wallet holsters, though.

·
Registered
36,885 Posts
I got a Blackhawk, a Uncle mikes and a couple Remorast!
I honestly think thta we may just over think this printing thing!
In my experience and observations most people would not recongize or even see the gun if it was stuck to your forehead with velcro!
people are so non observant of what goes on around them, and then are face to face with thier cell phones most times.
the few people that would or do notice a square shaped object in your pocket are likely carrying as well and thats why they know what it is,and honestly they don't care.
Just my thoguhts and experiences.
Hell i have pocket carried for yearrs around family and fiends and they didn't know, some still don't have a clue that i carry.-GriiiN.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I honestly think thta we may just over think this printing thing!
In my experience and observations most people would not recongize or even see the gun if it was stuck to your forehead with velcro!
people are so non observant of what goes on around them, and then are face to face with thier cell phones most times.
the few people that would or do notice a square shaped object in your pocket are likely carrying as well and thats why they know what it is,and honestly they don't care.
I believe you are 100% correct.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have a Remora for my SD40VE and I have a DaSanti Nemesis for my new 40cal M&P Shield. I like them both. The SD40VE is too large to carry in the pocket, but the SHIELD is small enough for pocket carry. Make sure the trigger gets covered and carry nothing else in that pocket.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I also have the Desantis Nemesis, and love it. When driving, I will remove it from my pocket and slid it vertically in between my seats. If I need it in a hurry it is right there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Uncle George's wallet holster is with me all the time. Back pocket of jeans, side pocket of cargo shorts or pants. It's great. I have a desantis soft tuck for iwb.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow thanks!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have interest in this as well. My reasearch indicates that the Desantis Nemesis is the best bang for the buck in front pocket holsters (where I normally carry MY wallet.) And Chris here has posted that the version designed for the S&W Bodyguard seems to actually fit better than the one Desantis designates for the TCP... along with a few others. IMO, his logic appears sound...

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/97297-helpful-tip-desantis-nemesis-s-w-bg380-holster-fits-tcp-738-better.html

There are defiitely other, better wallet holsters, though.
i too use the Desantis Nemesis for the S&W bodyguard 380, as it stayed behind after i sold it (long story but not happy at all with the S&W) i added a screw rivet to add some tightness but it works well in holding the TCP.
0taurus738h.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
i too use the Desantis Nemesis for the S&W bodyguard 380, as it stayed behind after i sold it (long story but not happy at all with the S&W) i added a screw rivet to add some tightness but it works well in holding the TCP.
View attachment 57118
Cool! Thanks for the pic!

I like how it completely covers the trigger and guard. Also how it wouldn't appear to print a whole lot. That said... it does look a hair big. How does it draw for you?

·
Registered
200 Posts
it draws good, just a bit snug because of the rivet, but it is as i like it. keeps it from wanting to slip outta the holster.
put it this way, holding it upside down, it will not drop outta the holster.

·
Registered
97 Posts
View attachment 57118
That is not the Nemesis for the BG380, at least not the same one as what Desantis sent me. Here are photos of mine: DSC00025.JPG DSC00024.JPG

Model number is U7. It fits my TCP like a glove, with trigger fully covered. Draws out of my pocket flawlessly every time, although it is loose enough that it could fall out if you were rolling around the ground or something.

Although like you I also had a BG380, got rid of it, which is why I still had this holster.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts