Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a 10 round mag made by Pro Mag. Does Taurus make a different TCP that accommodates this magazine or does it fit all TCP guns?
Taurus has the 6 rd mags in stock but I do not feel comfortable giving someone my credit card# via ph or chat so looking for alternatives.

·
Super Moderator
37,025 Posts
Pro Mags get a bad rap in many forums. I've never purchased or used them, mainly for the bad press, so I cannot say from personal experience.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I tried this magazine but bought it from Bass Pro so I could return it if it didn't work properly. I ended up returning it. I'd find a brick & mortar store to purchase from so a return is possible if you don't like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They seem to be hit or miss. I had the 10 round version and it dropped out of the pistol after every shot. Some folks don't have any problems with them, 50/50 chance it seems. I'll never buy another but for those near Houston, TX, Bass Pro on 288 has two in stock.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I bought a 6 rounder direct from Promag because my Taurus factory mag developed a glitch and had to be sent back to Taurus. (5 months later they sent me a replacement). The Promag works fine. Has a lifetime warranty.

·
22,844 Posts
Taurus has the 6 rd mags in stock but I do not feel comfortable giving someone my credit card# via ph or chat so looking for alternatives.
If they have them in stock, jump on it! None of the aftermarket mag makes have decent reputations with the TCP.

·
Super Moderator
37,025 Posts
I bought a 6 rounder direct from Promag because my Taurus factory mag developed a glitch and had to be sent back to Taurus. (5 months later they sent me a replacement). The Promag works fine. Has a lifetime warranty.
This is good to hear!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Every time that I called Taurus to try and order a 2nd mag for my TCP, I got put on never ending hold. So I just bought one off of Ebay for $40 shipped. I figure that is twice what it is worth, but what good is a pocket pistol with just one 6 round mag.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Every time that I called Taurus to try and order a 2nd mag for my TCP, I got put on never ending hold. So I just bought one off of Ebay for $40 shipped. I figure that is twice what it is worth, but what good is a pocket pistol with just one 6 round mag.
That's about what you'd pay to get one directly from Taurus anyway; they charge $9 shipping.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I've never seen a single buyer say the Promag TCP 10-rounders work... they all malfunction in one way or another.

Same problem I have with Promag 30-rounders for my Saiga rifle; they're in stock all over the internet, and I know why... I don't think I've seen any reviews from anyone saying they worked; only positive reviews I seem to read are from folks who haven't tried them yet, and are just commenting on their initial impression of the quality upon removing it from the packaging. Sometimes I even see those folks come back after going to the range to revise their review and say it malfunctioned for them.

Ditto for their 10/22 mags; mostly just complaints... inferior plastic that cracks almost immediately, incorrect feed lips, incorrect feed angle.

Maybe I just own the specific guns whose mags Promag struggles to duplicate; but at this point I'm kind of unwilling to try them in anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts