Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Watch these two places for a price you can accept. One goes around $40 once in a while. Sometimes a buy it now at a reasonable price will show up but it won't last long, so you have to check religiously. Patience will be required, wait for Taurus to get them manufactured (mec-gar deal?), or pay the ridiculous price. If you really need it, your time might be worth the extra cost.

738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 | eBay

738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 For Sale ? Buy 738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 Online at GunBroker.com

And watch the firearms for sale forum here, a nice person may pick one up when they see one and buy to resell here at cost. That is how I got mine!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Watch these two places for a price you can accept. One goes around $40 once in a while. Sometimes a buy it now at a reasonable price will show up but it won't last long, so you have to check religiously. Patience will be required, wait for Taurus to get them manufactured (mec-gar deal?), or pay the ridiculous price. If you really need it, your time might be worth the extra cost.

738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 | eBay

738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 For Sale ? Buy 738 magazine taurus -promag -extension -pouch -holster -carry -holder -732 Online at GunBroker.com

And watch the firearms for sale forum here, a nice person may pick one up when they see one and buy to resell here at cost. That is how I got mine!
In the GB ad, the seller states "will not fit BSS model". I don't know why he would say that. The UPC he has listed is for the latest mag, not the old A series mag. I have a BSS TCP and it uses the same mags as any other.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Might be worth buying a second 738. Especially if you're going
to put $40+ into just a mag. This would also give you a parts
gun.

Just saying.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Czombie

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rsteff

I just bought a used one off of ebay.I payed way to
much for it being used.but I wanted one bad.what kinda
makes me upset is they came out with the Curve but .
didnt make any more mags for the TCP .kinda wish now
that I would have know this when I bought the gun.

Take Care and good luck
Jeff:thumb:

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Might be worth buying a second 738. Especially if you're going
to put $40+ into just a mag. This would also give you a parts
gun.

Just saying.

All the Best,
D. White
Yep! The easiest & quickest way to get spare magazines is to buy another Taurus! :blink:

This is why I own so many Taurus pistols, as only having one or two mags for a pistol is guaranteed to make Mr. Murphy show up and want to "tinker" with that lonely mag, IMHO. YMMV.

Say what you will about Glocks... walk into any gun store in the U.S.A. & chances are you can find a mag for them. Often for around $20 ;)

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
Say what you will about Glocks... walk into any gun store in the U.S.A. & chances are you can find a mag for them. Often for around $20 ;)
and of course you can walk into any gun store, seven eleven, dunkin doughnut an drop down 10-12 bucks and pick up a 1911 magazine.
OH and most 1911's aren't "UGGLEY" either!

·
22,055 Posts
And 1911s have the finest trigger ever designed in a semiauto handgun.

But back to the point of the thread. Yes, they can be tough to find. We're hearing rumors that things may improve before too long.

Reactions: jamain and Czombie

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
You will have better luck finding a Bigfoot! :D

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Spare mags for the TCP?!? Puh-leeze! ��

I've been waiting a year on a back ordered one through my LGS. Hope those rumors of things improving are true!

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
My original quit loading for some reason. I sent it back to Taurus and they are working to fix it or send me another. Still don't have it back after 6 weeks. I got tired of waiting and bought a couple directly from Promag. Both of them work fine. I need to call Taurus but I'll wait til after Christmas.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I've got 8 mags for my Glock 22. Six of which cost me under $10 each.

Taurus' parts system must be a nightmare. It's like everything is engineered
from the ground up. Is there really such a performance difference between
a 24/7 and Millennium that they had to make different mags for both?

It's no wonder they don't have stuff in stock most of the time.

Auto makers have figured this out. Most are offering fewer models than
they have in the past. They also have a higher number of common parts
between models.

All the Best,
D. White

·
22,055 Posts
I got tired of waiting and bought a couple directly from Promag.
Good for you! This might just be the first positive report I've heard about ProMags in the TCP!

Reactions: jamain and Cariwine

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
and of course you can walk into any gun store, seven eleven, dunkin doughnut an drop down 10-12 bucks and pick up a 1911 magazine.
OH and most 1911's aren't "UGGLEY" either!
You got me beat, hands down. I have yet to find any block...err Glock mags @ my local local Circle K? But to be fair if your mag only holds 7rounds and costs 10-12 bucks, then a Glock mags that holds 13 of 45acp is a good deal at 20 bucks, if you go off cost vs capacity. ;) (poking sharp stick at eye in a joking manner). :cool:

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Good for you! This might just be the first positive report I've heard about ProMags in the TCP!
I have had good luck with most (not all - did get a bad p99 mag) of my "promag" mags. I suspect ProMag quality we'll get better in the near future. Why? They picked up shop & moved from Commie Kalifornia to Phoenix AZ! Insert wild applause here:

Their rep did a interview and stated that the over regulations in CA made it very difficult to do R&D, especially do live fire testing of their mags. No such worries here in the land of sun & guns (aka AZ) :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel like everyone else here...spare TCP mags are like trying to find 22lr ammo here where I live. Next to impossible. I just picked up a TCP which I have been looking out for several months (have had a PT22 for months and love it), and when I called Taurus to register it I asked about the magazines. The lady on the phone told me that they were out and on backorder, but they were expecting some soon but could not provide me a date.

I had mentioned to her that I thought a ProMag one on sale from eBay, and she told me that folks that she works with that carries the TCP have used the ProMags and love them. She told me that she was about to recommend those to me anyway when I was questioning about the factory mags LOL. It seems like at this particular time that's the best route to go with although I know some folks cannot stand ProMG. Hope to get mine and test it shortly.

also FYI – I just joined the Taurusarmed.net forums after using them for months of research LOL – I love what everyone does here and hope to help support in anyway I can! Huge fan of Taurus - "Carry On" everyone!

~Flightofthebear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts