Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was at a local gun store yesterday and they had TCP's for $179.99. Couldn't pass it up.

So I bought it, and love how it just disappears anywhere I put it on my body. Won't get any range time with it until later this week, but as far as feel and weight, I can't complain much.

I'm kind of spoiled with Talon grips on my other guns (Px4, 1911) and unfortunately they don't make them for the TCP, so last night I made some temporary grips out of 3M Safety-Walk I had lying around.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Turned out great, grip-wise, but I want to make it look better, so I was wondering if anyone had maybe made a pattern for making their own sandpaper grips?

If not, I was thinking of buying the Traction grips and just using them as a template.
Gun

·
Registered
495 Posts
Job you did looks good to me.
I clicked on the Tractiongrips picture and it appeared to be life sized.
Why not trace on paper on the PC screen instead of buying the T-grips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Nice job on the grips and great price on the gun in these times!
Thanks! I'm just picky about my DIY jobs. Lol And I was expecting to pay at least $199 for the Gun+Magazine+No box TCP package, but they had them on sale for $179, and actually came with a box.

Job you did looks good to me.
I clicked on the Tractiongrips picture and it appeared to be life sized.
Why not trace on paper on the PC screen instead of buying the T-grips?
Now that you mention it, I probably will do that and see what I can come up with, can always increase/decrease the picture size until it's just right

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
I have large hands, and getting a good grip on my TCP for follow up shots was always kind of iffy. I added Pachmayr slip on grips and the problem resolved itself. There is a slight bulge in the middle of the grip, that makes the TCP a lot more comfortable to shoot.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Registered
8 Posts
As snappy as this gun was when I shot it I don't think I'll be putting abrasives on the grip anytime soon. I never had a problem holding it, but it delivers a bit of snap, and you'll feel it after a dozen rounds or so.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts