Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 738 this week and had a chance to put a few rounds through it today. 100+ rounds and only had one FTF. The FTF was my fault, off hand with a limp wrist. Tough to hold the little gun.

Just wanted to get used to the trigger so the first 50 or so rounds were at steel. Nice even trigger pull but long. Took awhile to get accustomed to the it. The next 50 were at paper. At ~7 meters I could put my hand over the holes in the target (sorry no pictures). Not bad for a pocket pistol. After that it was time to try some double taps. With the small sights and light pistol getting the timing down will take a few more days at the range.

Over all it's a great little pistol. Small, easy to conceal and easy to shoot. I'll be looking to improve the grip, maybe a rubber sleeve or Texture grip. It won't replace my Glock 26 but it serves the purpose when I need something small and light.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
It sounds like you picked yourself a winner when you got the TCP and it has a performance simular to
my LCP. The only reason I bought the LCP was because I liked the looks a little bit better. That is only
a matter of taste, there is probably not a cent's worth of difference between the two guns.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Thanks for the report! I went with a Kel-Tec PF9 because the price was good and the caliber is better, but I would still like to own a TCP someday.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like you picked yourself a winner when you got the TCP and it has a performance simular to
my LCP. The only reason I bought the LCP was because I liked the looks a little bit better. That is only
a matter of taste, there is probably not a cent's worth of difference between the two guns.
I tried the LCP and the distance from the back strap to the trigger was a hair longer on the 738. Plus I found the Taurus for $200. Couldn't pass it up.

From reading some of the other posts it looks like some people are having problems but so far so good. Mixed up the ammo with a bunch of ATK rounds and they all worked fine.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition of one fine little deep-conceal carry pistol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like you, couldn't pass up on the $199 deal. I like all three of the little mouse guns, but the TCP is the only one with the lock back feature. That an being $75-$100 cheaper iced the deal for me. I also have run 100 rounds through mine with only one FTF. I think wiping down the feed ramp at about 25rds maybe the ticket Congrats on your new gun. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts