Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got some glow in the dark fabric paint/glue for the dogs shirts so we can see them easier having a camp fire in the back yard, so i put that glow in the dark stuff on the sights of our tcp 380.... it looks good for now but im wondering if it hold up in and out of the holster and i highly dought it will hold up told cleaning solutions we will wait and see

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
i had a buddy who had "high end" glow in the dark paint on his sights. (his words, not mine) Well his father had a body shop, so my friend put 2 layers of clear coat on his sights. it still looked good a year later. Cant say how long they looked good but maybe clear coat will help your sites last a tad longer...?...

CF

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Try clear coat nail polish to protect the glow in the dark paint.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I tried putting some bright nail polish on my sights, but all I managed to do was create a smeary mess!

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
i had a buddy who had "high end" glow in the dark paint on his sights. (his words, not mine) Well his father had a body shop, so my friend put 2 layers of clear coat on his sights. it still looked good a year later. Cant say how long they looked good but maybe clear coat will help your sites last a tad longer...?...
CF
Don't know about that but i have put 2 coats of clear nail polish (which is an acrylic paint) over the Glo in the dark paints and it lasted for over a year, including the cleanings of the weapon.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
we got some glow in the dark fabric paint/glue for the dogs shirts so we can see them easier having a camp fire in the back yard, so i put that glow in the dark stuff on the sights of our tcp 380.... it looks good for now but im wondering if it hold up in and out of the holster and i highly dought it will hold up told cleaning solutions we will wait and see
Likely the best lasting Glow In the dark is going to be had by going to one of the companies that make Glo paints and most sale Glow powder, this can be mixed with clear expoxy, super glue, etc then applied to the sights.
we all know how strong and hard epoxies are.
I think the glow powders usually have glo time of about 10-12 hours after being chanrged with natural light (sunlight) or artificial light sources for just a few minutes?
you can also buy glo paints in quite a few colors, but these need to be over coated with clear nail polish etc to protect them.
The colored glo paint glow times vary by color.
check these out !
Glonation.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts