Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I bought a TCP B series I believe seeing as how the serial number ends in "B".
It is a blued finish. How durable is that. Should I opt for a dura coat finish or does it resist corrosion well?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
The B is actually a second series of the TCP, it's not really an indicator of the color of the slide. The A models had a problem with chambering rounds in some cases, so there was a redesign of the feed ramp to aid in first round chambering.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
As long as you clean it well after range sessions, you should be fine. Wiping it down with a silicone impregnated cloth or CLP will help for short term storage.

For long term storage, a coat of Johnson's paste wax will provide excellent protection from corrosion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my TCP for a couple months and I've put about 120 rounds through it. The edges of the slide are already starting to show wear. It's a blued C model. It shoots fine but I can't say I'm impressed with the fit and finish.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
I am not sure that dura coat is really much more resistive tio wear than regular bluing?
and you need to make sure that you don't cause problems with tight tolerance areas like the rails and frame fit.
the finish on the 738 is about like any other lower priced weapon, a little care goes a long way, course pretty don't make for a better operating pistol only a prettier one.
a pocket pistol is normally full of lint and cat hair anyway, so thats not a lot to look at!-LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts