Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out killing some time today and went by a local gun shop. Sitting in the case was a used Taurus Tcp, all black with a price tag of 150.00. I asked the clerk there if that was their bottom dollar and he said he would find out. Came back and said they would take 125.00 out the door for it. Guess who bought a Tcp today....yep me. Its currently soaking in some Clp cause it was nasty. I did give it a quick bath and ran 2 mags of Federal brass fmj through it, shot all 12 just fine.
Cant believe I got it for such a good price

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
$125! Great deal. Smart move to not pass it up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added some orange paint to the front sight and some home made traction grips, had a sheet of the grip material so I made my own. Here's my soon to be light EDC setup. I love the little Mtech knife I got. It's sharp and feels great in hand, I made some belt loops from Paracord and carry it at 2:00 horizontal just past my front pocket. The kydex sheath is well made and has no rattle, locks up tight with a good click and the knife won't fall out even when running. Loving this setup.

Attachments

·
9,154 Posts
Screamin deal on that TCP. Ya done good.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You got a great price on that TCP. I think I paid $210 for mine two years ago.
When I got it, it had problems loading the last round. After cycling many magazines thru it, it had no problems loading the last round.
My latest problem is with the ejector. I'm going to send it back, because it fails to eject every third or fourth shot.
Can't depend on it right now. Hope thay can fix it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yep. That's a great price on a great little firearm! I too, paid more for mine (~$75 more) a few years back. BUT I didn't have to extensively soak or clean mine AND it came with a cool plastic case ;). (and that included the WI mandated background check).
Bravo for you. BTW, that's an interesting scabbard for the knife in the EDC pic. Does it allow for horizontal positioning on a belt?
Flex

·
23,278 Posts
Wow, I've said I probably won't buy any more poly guns, but at that price my TCP might gain a twin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sheath that come with the Mtech 673 is actual kydex. It's a great little edc knife. Out of the box it's only got a beaded dogtag chain, it's blackened and seems to be pretty strong. I added belt loops using 550 Paracord. It's easy to do and it works well.
The sheath holds the knife well, it's not coming out without a direct pull and it "clicks" in nice, very audible.
Adding the loops requires using a little clear tape on the end as the holes are just barely big enough. Then just melt the ends so they are larger then the holes. Works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Used TCP is about right for the Price , if it was a Sig238 for 150. I would have bought it and said nothing , 125 .00 is a the price you would pay, still OK though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts