Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So, last night I decided to take the frame out of the grip. I really regretted that decision. I got the pistol back together but it was one heck of a job. I'm not a gunsmith but I've owned a lot of weapons and have disassembled quite a few of them.
If you decide to pull the frame out of the grip I would advise that you do NOT remove the rear frame pin. This is the pin that holds the sear/spring into place. (you can thoroughly clean the sear/spring without removal) Getting those two back in was a job for me.
All you need to do is punch out the front frame pin and then separate the two halves. When you re-install the frame into the grip you have to pull the sear forward, drop the rear of the frame into the grip, slide it to the rear and then work the trigger end down into the frame.
I would take some pictures and I realize this is pretty vague but I'm not going to take this thing apart anytime soon.
Frankly, I'd probably just spray it out with some WD-40 and call it a day.
I hope this helps someone.

Taurus 738 TCP Pistol Manual

Page 26 has a good exploded view of the TCP.

Al

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I took that pin out of my LCP. It was a pain to put back in, but the Elsie Pea Forum does gave good videos and instructions on putting it back together. The seer spring and trigger spring are basically the same as the TCP. I have a LCP, and my daughter has a TCP, so I could compare the two guns....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Its pretty easy to take apart. The hard part is getting that pin back in, takes a few tries but I manage to get it back in eventually. I clean mine a lot since its new and still breaking in. Also I find it runs better wet so I have to take it apart to get the oil in all the right places.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.