Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I’ve got a TCP 738 with about 150 rounds thru it and eats everything I’ve fed it. I got a box of Sellier & Bellot FMJ .380 ammo and on the box it says 9mm Browning Court with .380 Auto below. I know 380 and 9mm shells are the same dia., the 380 is just shorter, but I was wondering if this is common on .380 ammo or unique to this brand of Czech ammo. I going to use the 738 as my EDC with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. That’s made in USA and says .380 on the box and cartridges.

Attachments

·
23,072 Posts
In Europe, particularly in German-speaking countries, 380 is "9mm kurz" which translates to 9mm short. You bought the right ammo for a TCP.

·
Registered
36,900 Posts
The 380 goes by several head stamps as mentioned. originally designed by browning mainly for the foreign market place theres a lot of designations for it.
I would mention there is quite a few differences between 380 and 9 MM however, the case is not only shorter/ longer, its also highly tapered or not tapered and the 9 MM operates (produces)at about twice the pressure of the 380.
there are a bunch of 9 MM diameter cartridges out there for sure and they go by all kinds of designations as well.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
was looking to get another 738, But wanted take a look at the Spectrum .....got tired of waiting , like waiting for A Unicorn
I nominate this for the Understatement of the Year Award. Clear, concise, to the point, and quite accurate!

Reactions: Peacemakr40

·
Registered
36,900 Posts
I nominate this for the Understatement of the Year Award. Clear, concise, to the point, and quite accurate!
WELL CRAP!
and I really had my eyes on winning that award this year!!!------:bang:

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Since this is more about .380 ammo I moved it to factory ammo.

There are several names for the .380 ammo for the TCP I think I have head stamps on brass for all but the 9mm Browning Court.

Other names for .380 ACP include
.380 Auto, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, 9×17mm and 9 mm Browning Court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
9x17
9mm corto
9mm kurtz
380 acp
all different names for the same thing.

Just like
Spectrum
Unicorn