Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell what series of tcp i have? Is it by the letter at the end of the serial number? Mine has an E at the end. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Yes, you have an E series. The 738 is sweet shooting pocket pistol! Nicest trigger out there for a pocket gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a thread out there somewhere that tells the difference between the series? or can anyone tell me the difference?

·
Registered
24,596 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Greeting from about 75 miles south, and welcome to the forum! I love my TCP. Congrats on getting a good little gun. Completely concealable. Sorry, but I cannot tell you much about the difference between the different series.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The biggest change was at 60000A where they changed barrel feed ramps and magazines. From what I understand after that they just made minor changes to various parts. I'm sure some one here can give a little more detail on the changes.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee!. The TCP is a great little pocket pistol.. Hope your "E" model performs as well as my "A" model.

·
22,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The biggest change was at 60000A where they changed barrel feed ramps and magazines. From what I understand after that they just made minor changes to various parts. I'm sure some one here can give a little more detail on the changes.
I've never heard that there's more detail to give. They move to a new letter when they run out of numbers.

Reactions: SevenMilePete

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 738 did not show up when I did a search for info on the Taurus website so I called them and got my guns mfg date. It's an E series and not even a year old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts