Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around on the Taurus website, and I noticed that they now have a blackened stainless steel model of the TCP along with the more traditional blued model. Is there any particular reason for this? Does the blackened stainless model have a marked advantage over the blued model as far as the finish is concerned?

·
Registered
339 Posts
it's been on the website for awhile now. i guess the blued stainless just has that glossy black look that so many of thier revolvers have.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
For you guys with the BSS... does the blue wear off the same as a regular blue model?? I was thinking about one, but would probably just get the 'regular' SS, if it is going to look like a worn blue model anyway. Thanks.

P.S.
Not sure about the yellow, but I'd probably get the 'carbon fiber'. :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read in an earlier post that the black stainless finish will wear faster then bluing, but the slide it still stainless while the blued slide is just carbon steel, ergo, more rust potential with the blued finish. BTW, I have not seen this carbon fiber TCP. Does anyone have some pics?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I read in an earlier post that the black stainless finish will wear faster then bluing, but the slide it still stainless while the blued slide is just carbon steel, ergo, more rust potential with the blued finish. BTW, I have not seen this carbon fiber TCP. Does anyone have some pics?
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700s/31959-700-series-picture-thread-23.html#post858124
Pic of my TCP w/carbon fiber finish. A lot of people don't like it, but I think it looks classy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts