Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought my first 2 Taurus firearms in the lst couple of weeks. I got a Judge Public Defender and a TCP 738. the Judge came with a warranty card stating I must send it in within 10 days. The TCP did not come with a warranty card. Both were bought new from the same store.

Was it just missing from the TCP? Is it even required since (I have heard) Taurus warranties the gun regardless of owner? I did register both online, but the online form did not ask for my name or address.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Warranty cards are unneeded, the warranty follows the gun no matter what. It just helps Taurus realize the gun isn't sitting on the shelf.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Registering the gun online with Taurus is sufficient.

By the way, your fellow TaurusArmed.net members would love to see pics of your new Public Defender and TCP.

Right guys and gals? :):D:cool::);):angel::guns::p:eek:8):wave::yipee:

Yep...looks like they are all in agreement on this.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Yes MPG

:nopics:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yep.... That should cover things!

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
as mentioned the online regstration is fine.
the biggest thing in my opinion that the registration does is place on notice the purchase date of the firearm.
when (if) you need to have the weapon repaired and its within 1 year of the date that you purchsed it then shipping is normally paid by Taurus, and if registered previously then they can see when it was registered, and at that time or any time that you must return the weapon for repair they will obtain all the info from you then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts