Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a used TCP738 from my local shop for $80 OTD, and like with the PT-92 & PT-145 I already own, I know there are mags that are made for other pistols, that are compatible with the Taurus pistols (i.e. Para-Ord mags in the PT-145) .

My question is, does anyone know, or have any first hand experience if there are any compatible mags (either straight or modded) for this little .380?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Factory mags are under $20 just about everywhere. I bought several Mec Gar mags. Just as good as OEM and a few dollars cheaper) for my TCP and they never failed. My experience with ProMags were not as good. They gave me all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
No mags that fit the TCP other than TCP mags as far as I know?
just a note depending on model the first run of "A" model with serial numbers below 60,000 do not take the newer mags produced after that serial number, FYI.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
My TCP is a great little pistol .. I stay away from steel case ammo .. Cycles Winchester FNFMJ ...and it handles alumium case ammo .. Hornady 90gr XTP bullets expand and pentrates fairly well ...

My little TCP is in my front pocket almost daily...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I recently picked up a used TCP738 from my local shop for $80 OTD, and like with the PT-92 & PT-145 I already own, I know there are mags that are made for other pistols, that are compatible with the Taurus pistols (i.e. Para-Ord mags in the PT-145) .

My question is, does anyone know, or have any first hand experience if there are any compatible mags (either straight or modded) for this little .380?

Thanks in advance!

Do NOT BUY Pro-Mag magazines, had issues with one and the company had really poor customer service / facing.

I bought an extra factory mag from Academy sports, no problems... good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts