Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sending my tcp back to Miami again after getting it back for not being able to chamber rounds without hanging up on the feed ramp. they seemed to fix this issue but after a trip to the range the slide locks back as if the mag was empty. seems to do it on the first and second round just about every time.

Anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do to fix it? I really like this pistol as it feels and shoots better that my lcp however, its turning out to not be as reliable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any way this could be ammo related? I know that with WWB my slide will lock back occasionally with rounds in the magazine while it functions perfectly will round nose ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I dont think so, however its possible I guess. I only say this because the only ammo I have really used is Remington fmj and hollow points. originally it would fire through the mag perfectly it just wouldn't chamber the rounds without assisting the slide. This was what I had first sent it to miami for. Now though it chambers perfectly but the slide locks open after most of the shots.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got mine back today for the same issue you initially had, as well as the take down pin working loose - hopefully I don't experience the same problem. The work order states they fixed (adjusted) 4 things, but I don't have it in front of me right now to post here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently purchased a C revision and simply cycling rounds through it was a bit of a pain without getting a round stuck on the feed ramp so I thought for sure I would have to be sending it back to Taurus. The other day I finally got to the range and put 106 rounds through it without issue. 100 rounds were flat nose from freedom munitions and 6 rounds were hornady critical defense hollow points. After shooting it a little everything seems to work much better and I can cycle the hollow points much easier.

Either way, if you are having issues while firing it then by all means I would be sending it back as well. Hopefully my next time to the range with it will have the same positive results.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be back tomorrow. Head to the range next monday hopefully with a wonderfully working pistol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts